emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Table formula reference and macro replacement
@ 2017-08-17  4:17 Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2017-08-17  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

The idea is to pick contents of a table cell and use it in a paragraph.

Is it possible to have a macro like {{{remote(NAME-OR-ID,REF)}}} ?

The above does not work, but am I missing something?

Vikas

* Re: Table formula reference and macro replacement
@ 2017-08-17 14:23 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-08-17 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

> The idea is to pick contents of a table cell and use it in a paragraph.
>
> Is it possible to have a macro like {{{remote(NAME-OR-ID,REF)}}} ?
>
> The above does not work, but am I missing something?

You could try:

#+macro: remote src_emacs-lisp{(org-table-get-remote-range "$1" "$2")}

Example:

#+name: foo
| 1 | 2 |
| 3 | 4 |

The macro call: {{{remote(foo, @1$2)}}}

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Table formula reference and macro replacement
@ 2017-08-18  0:25   ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2017-08-18  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> You could try:

> #+macro: remote src_emacs-lisp{(org-table-get-remote-range "$1" "$2")}
>
> Example:
>
> #+name: foo
> | 1 | 2 |
> | 3 | 4 |