emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* task management integration with web-hosted git repos
@ 2016-03-26 16:21 Giacomo M
From: Giacomo M @ 2016-03-26 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

while struggling to get a working gtd orgmode-based workflow, I realized
I may just limit myself to a github/gitlab/gogs environment.
Specifically, I'm thinking about this parallelism: each project is a
repo, each subproject is a milestone, each task is an issue w/
milestone, and each  commit is a subtask referring to (and possibly
closing) an issue (not still sure about the role of git branches).
Issues could then be tagged with a "next" or "someday" keyword. Since my
work is mostly text-based (e.g. latex, python, org notes), the
git/github model fits well. But 1)  my productivity landscape is quite
fragmented (I have repos on gitlab, github and gogs in different
servers, plus tasks tracked on google calendar and local org-files) and
2) input via web interface is painful compared to an org-capture. On the
other side, keeping track of todos and dones separately in the org-world
would be just redundant w/ my git activity of commits and issues. I was
hoping maybe for some kind of org-setup which integrates local
org-files, git commits, and web-hosted repo issues and calendars. If
this is the case, I wouldn't know where to begin, but perhaps I'm
missing a more down-to-earth solution... any recommendations?

Thanks
Giacomo

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-03-26 16:21 UTC | newest]