emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Wrapping section within LaTeX environment
@ 2015-12-13 14:00 Xavier Garrido
From: Xavier Garrido @ 2015-12-13 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Dear orgers,

I would like to wrap a given org section between =\begin,\end= LaTeX
environment. These sections are identified by a special tag :correction:
and to initiate the =\begin= flag I have basically no problem by using
the  org-export-filter-headline-function filter. The problem comes when
I want to close the environment i.e. when another section starts. I have
try this piece of code

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
   (setq correction-flag nil)
   (defun cpp-correction-headline (contents backend info)
     (if (and (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex)
                (string-match "\\`.*correction.*\n" (downcase contents)))
         (progn
           (setq correction-flag t)
           (replace-match "\\\\begin{correction}" nil nil contents)
           )
       (when correction-flag
         (setq correction-flag nil)
         (concat "\\end{correction}" contents))
       )
     )
   (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-headline-functions
'cpp-correction-headline)
#+END_SRC

but I get several =\end{correction}= in the produced LaTeX file.
Actually this is much more a emacs-lisp related question since the
boolean =correction-flag= seems not to work and I don't know why (of
course I have very little knowledge in lisp). Can some emacs-lisp
experts helps me understand why the above code just does not work.

Thanks a lot,
Xavier

* Re: Wrapping section within LaTeX environment
@ 2015-12-14  1:39 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-12-14  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Garrido; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

could you provide a brief example of what you want to happen?

i.e. are you looking for this:

* some heading :correction:
one line of content

to convert to this in LaTeX?

\begin{correction}
one line of content
\end{correction}

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: Wrapping section within LaTeX environment
@ 2015-12-14  7:06   ` Xavier Garrido
From: Xavier Garrido @ 2015-12-14  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Le 14/12/2015 02:39, John Kitchin a écrit :
> could you provide a brief example of what you want to happen?
>
> i.e. are you looking for this:
>
> * some heading :correction:
> one line of content
>
> to convert to this in LaTeX?
>
> \begin{correction}
> one line of content
> \end{correction}

Exactly. Actually when I read your mail I realize that
=org-export-filter-headline-functions=  filter not only give access to
the heading but to the whole content within the heading. So,

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
   (defun cpp-correction-headline (contents backend info)
     (when (and (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex)
                (string-match "\\`.*correction.*\n" (downcase contents)))
       (concat "\\begin{correction}" (replace-regexp-in-string
"\\`.*correction.*\n" "" contents) "\\end{correction}"))
     )
   (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-headline-functions
'cpp-correction-headline)
#+END_SRC

is doing what I want. So thanks for the insights and sorry for the noise.

Xavier

@ 2015-12-14 11:32     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-12-14 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Garrido; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Cool. You might want to change your string match to :correction: so you
don't inadvertently wrap a section with the word correction in the body
though. That seems like a possibility here.

@ 2015-12-16  3:41 ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2015-12-16  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Garrido, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi

On 12/13/2015 03:00 PM, Xavier Garrido wrote:
> Dear orgers,
>
> I would like to wrap a given org section between =\begin,\end= LaTeX
> environment. These sections are identified by a special tag :correction:
> and to initiate the =\begin= flag I have basically no problem by using
> the  org-export-filter-headline-function filter. The problem comes when
> I want to close the environment i.e. when another section starts. I have
> try this piece of code
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>   (setq correction-flag nil)
>   (defun cpp-correction-headline (contents backend info)
>     (if (and (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex)
>                (string-match "\\`.*correction.*\n" (downcase contents)))
>         (progn
>           (setq correction-flag t)
>           (replace-match "\\\\begin{correction}" nil nil contents)
>           )
>       (when correction-flag
>         (setq correction-flag nil)
>         (concat "\\end{correction}" contents))
>       )
>     )
>   (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-headline-functions
> 'cpp-correction-headline)
> #+END_SRC

If I read this right, you are writing the \end{correction} when the
headline function is called for the /following/ headline.

Then the (when...) should be outside the (if..) (because the
string-match condition isn't valid anymore).

Of course you still get issues when two consecutive sections are tagged
for correction -- and there has to be a follow-up heading to the one
tagged for correction.

Your code from your second mail does the job perfectly, but I've been
intrigued in figuring this one out :)

Best regards
Robert

@ 2015-12-16  8:48   ` Xavier Garrido
From: Xavier Garrido @ 2015-12-16  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Klein, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Robert,

Le 16/12/2015 04:41, Robert Klein a écrit :
> Hi
>
> On 12/13/2015 03:00 PM, Xavier Garrido wrote:
>> Dear orgers,
>>
>> I would like to wrap a given org section between =\begin,\end= LaTeX
>> environment. These sections are identified by a special tag :correction:
>> and to initiate the =\begin= flag I have basically no problem by using
>> the  org-export-filter-headline-function filter. The problem comes when
>> I want to close the environment i.e. when another section starts. I have
>> try this piece of code
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>>    (setq correction-flag nil)
>>    (defun cpp-correction-headline (contents backend info)
>>      (if (and (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex)
>>                 (string-match "\\`.*correction.*\n" (downcase contents)))
>>          (progn
>>            (setq correction-flag t)
>>            (replace-match "\\\\begin{correction}" nil nil contents)
>>            )
>>        (when correction-flag
>>          (setq correction-flag nil)
>>          (concat "\\end{correction}" contents))
>>        )
>>      )
>>    (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-headline-functions
>> 'cpp-correction-headline)
>> #+END_SRC
>
> If I read this right, you are writing the \end{correction} when the
> headline function is called for the /following/ headline.
>
> Then the (when...) should be outside the (if..) (because the
> string-match condition isn't valid anymore).

As far as I understand emacs-lisp, the (when ...) is within the else so
when the string match condition is not valid. That's why I do not
understand why this complicated filter was not working. Anyway, my
second try was much better and easier to understand (I also apply
suggestion from John to avoid inclusion of "correction" section title).

Thanks for having a look,
Xavier
--

   |__     GARRIDO Xavier       Laboratoire de l'Accélérateur Linéaire
    /\     NEMO                 Université Paris-Sud 11
   /--\    garrido@lal.in2p3.fr UMR 8607
   |       garrido@in2p3.fr     Batiment 200
   |__     +33 1.64.46.84.28    91898 Orsay Cedex, France