emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Make install-info not really installing into info
@ 2008-09-23 18:18 Peter Kjær Monsson
From: Peter Kjær Monsson @ 2008-09-23 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

First off, thanks for an awesome emacs mode. I've had the mode which
standard Emacs 22 provided, but I was looking for some improved date
handling (which 6.07b has, woohoo!) so I downloaded and installed it. The
installation seems to work great except that install-info doesn't really
inject the info file into the dir file of my non-standard directory of
infofiles[1].

Now this is not a patch since I'd have to sign a lot of papers - which would
take ages - so the following lines are something I've seen other emacs modes
have makefiles that included a lines similar to this which solved the
problem. Maybe you could do something similar for an other release. All
names are pure coincidence.

# Name of the program to install info files
INSTALL_INFO=install-info

install-info: # ... lot's of other stuff here ...
	$(INSTALL_INFO) --info-file=$(INFOFILES) --info-dir=$(infodir)

Best Regards
Peter Kjær Monsson

[1] I use a nonstandard directory for info files in order to create a
portable, version controlled .emacs.d fork that can be dropped in anywhere
and doesn't give me permission problems.

* Re: Make install-info not really installing into info
@ 2008-09-24 13:21 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-09-24 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Kjær Monsson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks Peter,

I am accepting your non-patch.  The change is already in GIT.

- Carsten