emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Problems with Org Mode which doesn't properly manage linebreaks in LaTeX export
@ 2010-01-03 16:51 Pierfranco Minsenti
From: Pierfranco Minsenti @ 2010-01-03 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

this is my 1st message to the list and I am writing to ask for help.
I have a problem with the LaTeX export features of Org Mode, version 6.27a.
installed on a GNU Emacs Emacs 22.1.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0, Carbon
Version 1.6.0).

The problem is the folllowing: in the header lines of the LaTeX file
exported from an original Org file, the different commands which are
automatically addedd by the system and which should begin each of them on a
new paragraph, appear all in a single multiline paragraph. The problem is
that this paragraph is commented, because it begins with the % Created
2010-01-03 etc. also added by the system.
Perhaps this is also why the the PDF export doen't work.

Another problem, caused by a line break not properly managed, is related to
bulleted lists when they are exported to a LaTeX file: when items are longer
that a single line, the lines after the first are broken down (that is: the
second line etc. begin a new, not-bulleted paragraph, and they are not the
second line of the item).

I have set the variable Org Export Preserve Breaks to on (non-nil) but
nothing has changed.

I have also checked the specific LaTeX export variables of Org but all seems
properly setted.
By the way, when I make a very similar export from another Emacs mode, that
is Muse Mode, to LaTeX, I don't have these problems and everything works
just fine.

Has anybody experienced this problem with Org Mode and could help me?

Thank you very much in advance.

pierfranco