emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Know what has been done for a certain date ?
@ 2009-12-23 13:25 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2009-12-23 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I heavily use logbook in order to track things. I need a way
to know what has been done for a certain day. The master problem
is that using logbook does not imply I marked something as DONE. It can be
contextual informations (I phoned someone,
...).

Do you know any way to list my "action list" for a particular date ?

Thank you.

Xavier

* Re: Know what has been done for a certain date ?
@ 2009-12-23 13:46 ` Benjamin Andresen
From: Benjamin Andresen @ 2009-12-23 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hey Xavier,

Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I heavily use logbook in order to track things. I need a way
> to know what has been done for a certain day. The master problem
> is that using logbook does not imply I marked something as DONE. It can be
> contextual informations (I phoned someone,
> ...).

You can press "[" to see all inactive timestamps on a particular day.
They would include times you CLOSED a todo item and maybe other
[inactive] timestamps you include in your items.

> Do you know any way to list my "action list" for a particular date ?

I don't know of any way other than the one above.

What would be interesting and probably crazy is a way to simulate a
future or past date. SCHEDULED and DEADLINE would act as if the
simulated date was "."

> Thank you.
>
> Xavier

br,
benny

* Re: Know what has been done for a certain date ?
@ 2009-12-23 15:18 ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2009-12-23 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Log-mode also show clocked tasks in each day even if they were not completed in
that day.

I make a report of what was done in the month at the end of each month and what
I do is activate archived items and log-mode. Then I change to a month view ("v
m" in the agenda) and see what was clocked and/or marked as DONE. Since I tend
to clock everything this work. The only minor problem is that some tasks appear
several times when I clock in and out during the day (which is what log-mode is
intended to show). It would be nice if log-mode had some king of summary option
where clocked items would be showed only once with the summed total time (I only
need the duration I worked in a task during the day).

At last, some tasks such as reading E-mail and other stuff I don't include in
the report have tags that I exclude from the agenda view.

- Darlan Cavalcante Moreira