emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* exclude certain types from agenda
@ 2009-10-30 13:52 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2009-10-30 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is it possible to exclude certain tags from the normal agenda?
(org-agenda a).

I have vocab org items to learn (tagged VOCAB) but only want to see them from a
specially selected agenda tags "v" view : not from the "normal" agenda.

regards

r.

* Re: exclude certain types from agenda
@ 2009-10-30 17:19 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-10-30 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Riley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to exclude certain tags from the normal agenda?
> (org-agenda a).
>
> I have vocab org items to learn (tagged VOCAB) but only want to see them from a
> specially selected agenda tags "v" view : not from the "normal"
> agenda.

Two options:

1)

(setq org-agenda-filter-preset '("-VOCAB"))

2)

(setq org-agenda-skip-function
      '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'regexp ":VOCAB:"))

Either of these should work. Note: they will apply to all of your agenda
views. I.e., you'll have to adjust the local setting of the variable
appropriately in your custom agenda commands if you want to see :VOCAB:
items in a particular view.

Best,
Matt

* Re: exclude certain types from agenda
@ 2009-10-30 19:06   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2009-10-30 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: Richard Riley, emacs-orgmode

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Is it possible to exclude certain tags from the normal agenda?
>> (org-agenda a).
>>
>> I have vocab org items to learn (tagged VOCAB) but only want to see them from a
>> specially selected agenda tags "v" view : not from the "normal"
>> agenda.
>
> Two options:
>
> 1)
>
> (setq org-agenda-filter-preset '("-VOCAB"))
>
> 2)
>
> (setq org-agenda-skip-function
>       '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'regexp ":VOCAB:"))
>
> Either of these should work. Note: they will apply to all of your agenda
> views. I.e., you'll have to adjust the local setting of the variable
> appropriately in your custom agenda commands if you want to see :VOCAB:
> items in a particular view.
>
> Best,
> Matt

Oh, very good,  thanks a lot.

My agenda command is now:

,----
| ("v" "Vocab" tags "VOCAB" ((org-agenda-filter-preset '("+VOCAB"))(org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date nil)))
`----

and the "global" agenda filter preset is

,----