emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Adding functionality to org-latex-classes
@ 2023-12-29 16:57 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2023-12-29 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

I was just wondering whether it would be possible to add further
functionality to org-latex-classes and would like to start a discussion ;-)

My use case is the following:

The document class is tightly coupled with  ~org-latex-subtitle-format~
and  ~org-latex-subtitle-separate~. Koma-script classes, for example, need
those variables to be defined with file or directory local variables in
order to take full profit of the layouts. If we found a way of
accommodating them in the class definitions, the fuzz of the extra
variables could easily be overcome.

Default would be the default values from ox-latex.el and both variables
should be handled separately, IMHO.

Any ideas?

Best wishes for 2024, peace everywhere as a result of running a couple of
leader-deposed hooks ;-)

/PA
--
Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet

* Re: Adding functionality to org-latex-classes
@ 2023-12-31 14:40 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-12-31 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez; +Cc: Org Mode List

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> I was just wondering whether it would be possible to add further
> functionality to org-latex-classes and would like to start a discussion ;-)
>
> My use case is the following:
>
> The document class is tightly coupled with  ~org-latex-subtitle-format~
> and  ~org-latex-subtitle-separate~. Koma-script classes, for example, need
> those variables to be defined with file or directory local variables in
> order to take full profit of the layouts. If we found a way of
> accommodating them in the class definitions, the fuzz of the extra
> variables could easily be overcome.

We may extend `org-latex-classes' to allow custom backend option values.
For example,

  (latex-subtitle-format . value)
  (latex-subtitle-separate . value)

Then, we can use these values as the overrides when the variables are
not set explicitly as buffer-locals or as in-buffer/subtree export
keywords.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Adding functionality to org-latex-classes
@ 2023-12-31 17:00   ` Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2023-12-31 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Org Mode List

That’s what I’m looking at these days :-)
Just trying to provide a proof of concept
It helps me coping with my grinchiness
PA
Enviado desde mi iPhone