emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* How to produce an agenda that filters on both todo keyword and tag?
@ 2008-07-23 21:25 Parker, Matthew
From: Parker, Matthew @ 2008-07-23 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've read through the manual and maybe missed it but how does one

produce an agenda that filters on both a certain todo keyword and a
certain tag?

Here's the scenario:

1. Given a file setup w/ these TODO sequence keywords and tags

#+SEQ_TODO:      TODO WAITING DONE

#+TAGS:          Home(h) Work(w) Errands(e) Phone(p) Computer(c)

2. And given these headings

* TODO      xxx            :Work:

* WAITING   just this one! :Work:

* DONE      yyy            :Work:

*           zzz            :Work:

3. And given the fact that

C-c a t              gives list of all TODO, WAITING, and DONEs

C-c a T & "WAITING"  gives list of just WAITING items

C-c a m & "work"     gives list of all headings tagged w/ "work", TODO
or otherwise

C-c a M & "work"     gives list of all TODO entries w/ "work" tag

How can I produce a list of "WAITING" todo items tagged w/ "work", i.e.

1. A certain type of todo keyword, e.g. WAITING

2. A certain tag?, e.g. "work"

Thanks!

Matt

* Re: How to produce an agenda that filters on both todo keyword and tag?
@ 2008-07-23 21:36 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-07-23 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Parker, Matthew; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Parker, Matthew" <MParker@seic.com> writes:

> How can I produce a list of “WAITING” todo items tagged w/ “work”, i.e.

C-c a m work/WAITING

-Bernt

* Re: How to produce an agenda that filters on both todo keyword and tag?
@ 2008-07-23 21:44 ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2008-07-23 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Parker, Matthew; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 2:55 AM, Parker, Matthew wrote:
  > Hi,
  >
  > I've read through the manual and maybe missed it but how does one
  >
  > produce an agenda that filters on both a certain todo keyword and a certain
  > tag?
  >
  > Here's the scenario:
  >
  > 1. Given a file setup w/ these TODO sequence keywords and tags
  >
  > #+SEQ_TODO:      TODO WAITING DONE
  >
  > #+TAGS:          Home(h) Work(w) Errands(e) Phone(p) Computer(c)
  >

  > 2. And given these headings
  >
  > * TODO      xxx            :Work:
  >
  > * WAITING   just this one! :Work:
  >
  > * DONE      yyy            :Work:
  >
  > *           zzz            :Work:
  >

  > 3. And given the fact that
  >
  > C-c a t              gives list of all TODO, WAITING, and DONEs
  >
  > C-c a T & "WAITING"  gives list of just WAITING items
  >
  > C-c a m & "work"     gives list of all headings tagged w/ "work", TODO or
  > otherwise
  >
  > C-c a M & "work"     gives list of all TODO entries w/ "work" tag
  >

  > How can I produce a list of "WAITING" todo items tagged w/ "work", i.e.
  >
  > 1. A certain type of todo keyword, e.g. WAITING
  >
  > 2. A certain tag?, e.g. "work"

Does this help?

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      (quote (("E" "Errands To Run" tags-todo #("work!/WAITING") nil))))

-- Manish

* Re: How to produce an agenda that filters on both todo keyword and tag?
@ 2008-07-23 22:25 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-07-23 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Parker, Matthew; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 23, 2008, at 2:25 PM, Parker, Matthew wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve read through the manual and maybe missed it but how does one
> produce an agenda that filters on both a certain todo keyword and a
> certain tag?
>
> Here’s the scenario:
>
> 1. Given a file setup w/ these TODO sequence keywords and tags
> #+SEQ_TODO:      TODO WAITING DONE
> #+TAGS:          Home(h) Work(w) Errands(e) Phone(p) Computer(c)
>
> 2. And given these headings
> * TODO      xxx            :Work:
> * WAITING   just this one! :Work:
> * DONE      yyy            :Work:
> *           zzz            :Work:
>
> 3. And given the fact that
> C-c a t              gives list of all TODO, WAITING, and DONEs
> C-c a T & "WAITING"  gives list of just WAITING items
> C-c a m & "work"     gives list of all headings tagged w/ “work”,
> TODO or otherwise

The "Tags view" is really called the tags view for historical
reasons.  It is really for
matching tags, properties, and TODO entries alike.  Should we rename
it?  The match view?  The query view?  Proposals?

- Carsten

* Re: How to produce an agenda that filters on both todo keyword and tag?
@ 2008-07-24  5:37   ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2008-07-24  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Parker, Matthew

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:55 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
[snip]
> 3. And given the fact that
> C-c a t              gives list of all TODO, WAITING, and DONEs
> C-c a T & "WAITING"  gives list of just WAITING items
> C-c a m & "work"     gives list of all headings tagged w/ "work", TODO or
> otherwise
>
> The "Tags view" is really called the tags view for historical reasons.  It
> is really for
> matching tags, properties, and TODO entries alike.  Should we rename it?
>  The match view?  The query view?  Proposals?

Match view sounds good to me.

-- Manish

* Re: How to produce an agenda that filters on both todo keyword and tag?
@ 2008-07-24  7:11     ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2008-07-24  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

--- Gio 24/7/08, Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> Da: Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com>
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:55 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> > The "Tags view" is really called the tags
> > view for historical reasons.
> > It is really for matching tags, properties,
> > and TODO entries alike.
> > Should we rename it?
> >  The match view?  The query view?  Proposals?
> Match view sounds good to me.

+1
Giovanni

      Posta, news, sport, oroscopo: tutto in una sola pagina.
Crea l&#39;home page che piace a te!
www.yahoo.it/latuapagina

* RE: How to produce an agenda that filters on both todokeyword and tag?
@ 2008-07-24 15:12       ` Parker, Matthew
From: Parker, Matthew @ 2008-07-24 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks for the help/info. All is working. "Match" view sounds good to me
also.

Probably too wordy a description:

m   Match a Tags, Properties, and/or TODO query

Thanks again

@ 2008-07-24 15:24       ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-07-24 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: giovanni.ridolfi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Giovanni Ridolfi <giovanni.ridolfi@yahoo.it> writes:

> --- Gio 24/7/08, Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>> Da: Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com>
>> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:55 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> > The "Tags view" is really called the tags
>> > view for historical reasons.
>> > It is really for matching tags, properties,
>> > and TODO entries alike.
>> > Should we rename it?
>> >  The match view?  The query view?  Proposals?
>> Match view sounds good to me.
>
> +1
> Giovanni
>

>       Posta, news, sport, oroscopo: tutto in una sola pagina.
> Crea l&#39;home page che piace a te!
> www.yahoo.it/latuapagina

Filtered View

* Re: How to produce an agenda that filters on both todo keyword and tag?
@ 2008-07-24 15:30         ` Jose Robins
From: Jose Robins @ 2008-07-24 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode