emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Copying actions from meeting notes with org-mactions-collect-todos-in-subtree
@ 2017-01-03 12:57 donotspamthis
From: donotspamthis @ 2017-01-03 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am refering to the meeting notes workflow described in
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-meeting-tasks.html.

This is an example of some meeting notes.

     * Notes from [2017-01-02 Mo]
     ** Topic 1
     Something was discussed
     ********** TODO Action #3 A nice little inline task
        :#3:
     ********** END

     Something else was
     ********** TODO Action #4 Another inline task
        :#4:
     some details of the other inline task.
     ********** END
     ********** TODO Action #5 Somebody calls someone
        :#5:
     ********** END

     ** TODO Action #2 Jorge will send out meeting notes
        :#2:

Calling M-x org-mactions-collect-todos-in-subtree, not all the actions
are copied to the kill ring (as I would expect).

The behavior varies depending on the position of the point when calling
the function:
a. Having the point on Action #2, only this one TODO is copied to the
kill ring.
b. Having the point somewhere else in the meeting notes, I get the
“user-error: The kill is not a (set of) tree(s) - please use
<S-insertchar> to yank anyway” (kill ring stays the same).
c. Having a region marked, the behavior is either (a.) or (b.) depending
on the position of the point.

I am using org-mode 9.0.3 within GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i686-w64-mingw32) and
I did copy the custom code from the above tutorial to my .emacs file.

Can anybody tell what the problem might be or give me further hints to
debug?

Thank you

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-01-03 12:57 UTC | newest]