emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* filter agenda by priority?
@ 2010-04-09 22:00 Michael Gilbert
From: Michael Gilbert @ 2010-04-09 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all —

Been through the manual. Might be missing something obvious. But, is there a straightforward way to filter the Agenda by Priority? I find that I would actually USE priorities more if I could figure out how to do this.

TIA!

— Michael

* Re: filter agenda by priority?
@ 2010-04-10 15:13 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-10 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 10, 2010, at 12:00 AM, Michael Gilbert wrote:

> Hi all —
>
> Been through the manual. Might be missing something obvious. But, is
> there a straightforward way to filter the Agenda by Priority? I find
> that I would actually USE priorities more if I could figure out how
> to do this.

You can have the agenda sorted by priority, or you can do a tags/todo/
category search for a particular priority.  For example

C-c a M PRIORITY="A"

If you want to have the daily/weekly agenda for only a single
priority, you would have to use a skipping conditon. Here is how such
a setup would look in the customization buffer for org-agenda-custom-
commands,

Org Agenda Custom Commands: Hide Value
INS DEL Choice: Value Menu Single command:
             Access Key(s) : x
             [X] Description: Agenda for priority A
             Choice: Value Menu Agenda
             Match (only for some commands):
             Local settings for this command. Remember to quote values:
             INS DEL Setting: Value Menu Non-standard skipping
condition:
                         org-agenda-skip-function
                         Function or form (quoted!): '(and (not (equal
"A" (org-entry-get nil "PRIORITY"))) (point-at-eol))
             INS
             [ ] Export:
                 INS

And the lisp representation is:

(push '("x" "Agenda for priority A" agenda ""
	((org-agenda-skip-function
	  '(and
	    (not
	     (equal "A"