emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Quoting latex code
@ 2009-12-15 12:07 andrea
From: andrea @ 2009-12-15 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I want to do something which I think should be really simple.
I'm writing a small guide of latex for org-users, useful for people
working with me that don't know latex but must insert some symbols in
org-files.

So I want to create simple tables where I insert the symbol and the
output.
But however I insert \phi|\pi|whatever it gets always transformed into
the symbol when exporting to pdf.

(also \mbox doesn't work)
How could I do to get something like this:

literal(\phi) -> \phi

Without possibly having to write some
#+BEGIN...
Thanks

* Re: Quoting latex code
@ 2009-12-15 12:29 ` Nicolas Girard
From: Nicolas Girard @ 2009-12-15 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

2009/12/15 andrea <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com>:

> I want to do something which I think should be really simple.
> I'm writing a small guide of latex for org-users, useful for people
> working with me that don't know latex but must insert some symbols in
> org-files.
>
> So I want to create simple tables where I insert the symbol and the
> output.
> But however I insert \phi|\pi|whatever it gets always transformed into
> the symbol when exporting to pdf.
>
> (also \mbox doesn't work)
> How could I do to get something like this:
>
> literal(\phi) -> \phi
>
> Without possibly having to write some
> #+BEGIN...
> Thanks

Hi Andrea,
what about =\phi= ?

--
Nicolas

* Re: Quoting latex code
@ 2009-12-15 12:49   ` andrea
From: andrea @ 2009-12-15 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard@nerim.net> writes:

> Hi Andrea,
> what about =\phi= ?

Nice thanks, I didn't see it in the doc..
Anyway in the table I still have troubles, when I write this

| \pi  | #ERROR |
|      |        |
#+TBLFM: $2=\pi=

So writing =\something= is interpreted as the formula for that cell,
should I maybe just not use a table?

* Re: Re: Quoting latex code
@ 2009-12-15 13:44     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-12-15 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrea; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Dec 15, 2009, at 1:49 PM, andrea wrote:

> Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard@nerim.net> writes:
>
>> Hi Andrea,
>> what about =\phi= ?
>
> Nice thanks, I didn't see it in the doc..
> Anyway in the table I still have troubles, when I write this

> | \pi  | #ERROR |
> |      |        |
> #+TBLFM: $2=\pi=
>
> So writing =\something= is interpreted as the formula for that cell,
> should I maybe just not use a table?

You can also write ~\pi~

- Carsten

* Re: Quoting latex code
@ 2009-12-16 12:21       ` andrea
From: andrea @ 2009-12-16 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Dec 15, 2009, at 1:49 PM, andrea wrote:
>
> You can also write ~\pi~
Ok thanks.

Anyway I'm putting into that small guide all the things I found useful
for my works, maybe someone else could be interested.

Here you find it:
http://github.com/AndreaCrotti/database-implementation/raw/master/symbols.pdf