emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* question about org-batch-agend-csv
@ 2010-03-22 12:37 Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper
From: Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper @ 2010-03-22 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear Experts,

I have a question about org-batch-agenda-csv. I would like to be able
to export my org-agenda to Microsoft outlook. Attempts to do this via
ical files failed because outlook can't seem to read those properly. I
tried using the export for ical discussed at
http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg00039.html and
also tried putting in a line which just said METHOD: as suggested in
that thread but this didn't work.

Further research suggested that outlook can read a simple csv file
format to import. This led me to think that the org-batch-agenda-csv
command could be easily used to produce the csv needed for outlook to
import. Unfortunately, this doesn't work because when I do something
like

   emacs -batch -eval "(org-batch-agenda-csv \"a\")"

on cygwin I get results like

journal,quick morning
stuff,scheduled,,plan:daily,2010-3-22,700,Scheduled:,,1099,2010-3-22

where the start time (700) is shown but the end time is not.

My questions are:

  1. Is there a way to get the start/end times to show up better?
  2. Is there a better way to export to outlook?

Thanks,
-Emin

* Re: question about org-batch-agend-csv
@ 2010-03-24 12:26 ` Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper
From: Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper @ 2010-03-24 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I may be willing to simply write something to export to an Outlook CSV
format myself. Could someone point me to some docs or examples on how
to write something to export org contents?

Thanks,
-Emin