emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* html that looks like org mode in emacs
@ 2008-07-16  1:33 Scott Otterson
From: Scott Otterson @ 2008-07-16  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Does anybody have a set of configurations that will produce exported
html that looks like an org  file when viewed inside of emacs?

For example, I'd like to see this emacs orgmode buffer

* heading 1
   text for 1
** heading 1.1
    text for 1.1
** heading 1.2
    text for 1.2
* heading 2
* heading 3
    1. numbered 1
    2. numbered 2

Be exported to something that looks like this:

* heading 1
   text for 1
  o heading 1.1
    text for 1.1
  o heading 1.2
    text for 1.2
* heading 2
* heading 3
    1. numbered 1
    2. numbered 2

I'm asking because I spend the vast majority of my time in org mode,
actually using it in emacs to organize stuff -- I shoot for a format
that is easily readable in emacs itself.  Occasionally, I need to export
the result to colleagues but the exported output is not very readable.

It would also be nice if there was a WYSIWYG ascii export mode.

Thanks,

Scott

* Re: html that looks like org mode in emacs
@ 2008-07-16  1:57 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-07-16  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Scott,

Scott Otterson <scotto@u.washington.edu> writes:

> Does anybody have a set of configurations that will produce exported
> html that looks like an org  file when viewed inside of emacs?

Did you try Sebastian's Javascript tool (org-jsinfo)?

  (info "(org) Javascript support")

Have a look at Org's FAQ, the webpage is foldable just as in Emacs:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php

HTH,

--
Bastien

* Re: html that looks like org mode in emacs
@ 2008-07-16  3:35   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-07-16  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 15, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Scott Otterson <scotto@u.washington.edu> writes:
>
>> Does anybody have a set of configurations that will produce exported
>> html that looks like an org  file when viewed inside of emacs?
>
> Did you try Sebastian's Javascript tool (org-jsinfo)?
>
>  (info "(org) Javascript support")
>
> Have a look at Org's FAQ, the webpage is foldable just as in Emacs:
>
>  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php
>
> HTH,

That is a great option.

The alternative, to get directly what Scott wanted, would be

- Carsten

* Re: html that looks like org mode in emacs
@ 2008-07-16 14:35 Scott Otterson
From: Scott Otterson @ 2008-07-16 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ted, Bastien and Carsten.  Thanks for the tips!

Of course, I'd forgotten that org-mode already had something built-in :

but

    org-jsinfo

is also pretty cool.   Finally, I'd never heard of

    htmlize.el

This gets the colors right but misses links.  Still, I will probably use
it sometime to print out fontified code.

Scott