emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* How to utilize Org mode editing without display formatting
@ 2022-08-28 16:28 Robert Weiner
From: Robert Weiner @ 2022-08-28 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hi:

I have an Emacs programmatic need where I want to read an Org file into
Emacs in a raw form without any display formatting (because the formatting
is too slow for large or many Org files) but I need to leave the buffer
after processing in Org mode, again without taking the time to visually
format the buffer in any way.  I want it in Org mode so that Org editing
and outlining commands potentially work properly but don't need any of the
fancy font-locking or complex display formatting.  Is this possible without
building a derived mode?

It would be very nice if the display formatting in Org were a minor mode
that you could enable and disable to switch between the formatted and
unformatted display all with one command.

Thanks for any help.

-- rsw

* Re: How to utilize Org mode editing without display formatting
@ 2022-08-29  1:59 ` Rohit Patnaik
From: Rohit Patnaik @ 2022-08-29  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rswgnu; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Could you do this with a mode-hook? Something like:

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
  (lambda ()
    (when (memq (buffer-file-name) 'list-of-files-to-not-highlight)
      (font-lock-mode -1))))

-- Rohit