emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* orgtbl-mode-map is missing TAB-related bindings
@ 2009-06-16  2:01 sand
From: sand @ 2009-06-16  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The Emacs 23 org-table.el library (6.21b) includes a binding for
org-table-previous-field:

    (org-defkey orgtbl-mode-map [(shift tab)]
      (orgtbl-make-binding 'org-table-previous-field 104
			   [(shift tab)] [(tab)] "\C-i"))

On both my work and home machines, Shift+TAB generates the event
<S-iso-lefttab>, which is then translated to <backtab>.  The above
binding does not match those events.  For comparison, the org-mode-map
definition has complete coverage:

  (unless (featurep 'xemacs)
    (org-defkey org-mode-map [S-iso-lefttab]  'org-shifttab))
  (org-defkey org-mode-map [(shift tab)]    'org-shifttab)
  (define-key org-mode-map [backtab] 'org-shifttab)

Can someone add the necessary bindings to orgtbl-mode-map?

Thanks,

Derek

--
Derek Upham
sand@blarg.net

* Re: orgtbl-mode-map is missing TAB-related bindings
@ 2009-06-19 15:47 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-06-19 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sand; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Derek,

thank you for your report.

I have added this binding, and also one for backtab.

Please verify that this is now working correctly.

- Carsten