emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Bug: Adaptive filling incompatible with xemacs [6.35i]
@ 2010-05-05 13:57 Hendrik Radke
From: Hendrik Radke @ 2010-05-05 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

The newest version of org-mode does not work together with my
XEmacs21.
arguments: local-variable-p, 1".
I located & "fixed" the problem in org.el, here's the output of diff:
$ diff org-6.35i/lisp/org.el org-mode/org.el
17681c17681
<   (unless (local-variable-p 'adaptive-fill-regexp)
---
>   (unless (local-variable-p 'adaptive-fill-regexp nil)
Honestly, I don't really understand what adaptive-filling really does,
so my patch may not have the inteded result of the code. However, it
makes my beloved org-mode work again.
Regards, Hendrik Radke

Emacs  : XEmacs 21.4 (patch 22) "Instant Classic" [Lucid]
(i486-linux-gnu, Mule) of Sun Apr  4 2010 on murphy
Package: Org-mode version 6.35i

* Re: Bug: Adaptive filling incompatible with xemacs [6.35i]
@ 2010-05-07  7:50 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-05-07  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hendrik Radke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Hendrik,

this has already been fixed in the git repository, but not yet made
it into a release.

Note that the XEmacs support in Org-mode is being reduced now, and
that you will need to switch to the develloper version of XEmacs if
you want to use future versions of Org-mode.  6.35 is compatible with
the current version of XEmacs - save for tis bug with the local-
variable-p function.  I will soon release the last version that will
still support XEmacs 21.4.

- Carsten