emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org-mode - export as folder structure possible?
@ 2016-11-17  0:00 mcg
From: mcg @ 2016-11-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I need to create a rather complex folder structure.
It is OK to create that in dired but I think even nicer and faster it
would be to create an org-mode outline which then exports this folder
structure to the org document's directory.

This could even be extended to create blank files with file extension
within the directory - maybe communicated to the exporter with list items.
Can the org-mode exporter be used or easily programmed for this kind of
application?

* Folder
- Registry.xls
- document.doc

** Subfolder

*** Subsubfolder
- some_document.txt

** Subfolder 2

* Another folder

** another one
- document.file_extension
- ListB.xlsx

With that functionality I could really thoroughly create a decent folder
structure. With many people working on the windows server it becomes
quite chaotic.
Thanks in advance for any answer.

* Re: org-mode - export as folder structure possible?
@ 2016-11-17  8:16 ` Philip Hudson
From: Philip Hudson @ 2016-11-17  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Have a look at the docstring for the function `org-element-map'.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.ddns.net
Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) ID: 0x887DCA63

* Re: org-mode - export as folder structure possible?
@ 2016-11-17 11:03 ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2016-11-17 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

> Hello,
>
> I need to create a rather complex folder structure.
> It is OK to create that in dired but I think even nicer and faster it
> would be to create an org-mode outline which then exports this folder
> structure to the org document's directory.
>
> This could even be extended to create blank files with file extension
> within the directory - maybe communicated to the exporter with list
> items.
> Can the org-mode exporter be used or easily programmed for this kind
> of application?
>
> * Folder
> - Registry.xls
> - document.doc
>
> ** Subfolder
>
> *** Subsubfolder
> - some_document.txt
>
> ** Subfolder 2
>
> * Another folder
>
> ** another one
> - document.file_extension
> - ListB.xlsx

[...]

> Thanks in advance for any answer.

I fiddled together something which might be a start for you.

    https://gist.github.com/marcowahl/c12ed4b2df9748ad7185338394b92445

Files are identified by the 'file' tag in that example.

If you want to stay with the plain lists you should follow the direction
pointed to by Phil AFAICT.

Ciao,

        Marco

* Re: org-mode - export as folder structure possible?
@ 2016-11-26 18:31 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2016-11-26 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* mcg <giepen.m@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to create a rather complex folder structure.
> It is OK to create that in dired but I think even nicer and faster it
> would be to create an org-mode outline which then exports this folder
> structure to the org document's directory.
>
> This could even be extended to create blank files with file extension
> within the directory - maybe communicated to the exporter with list items.
> Can the org-mode exporter be used or easily programmed for this kind of
> application?

Take a look at:
https://www.reddit.com/r/orgmode/comments/5emuzc/mount_orgmode_files_as_fuse_file_systems/

Not exactly your use-case but you might get ideas.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github