emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Worg isn't publishing
@ 2015-08-28 16:14 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-08-28 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Aloha all,

Worg hasn't published for several days.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Worg isn't publishing
@ 2015-08-28 16:38 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2015-08-28 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> Worg hasn't published for several days.
>
> All the best,
> Tom

I pushed to Worg last night and noticed that it did not update.  I
recorded the message below but hadn't got around to emailing the list.

      0 git … push -v origin master:refs/heads/master
    Pushing to worg@orgmode.org:worg.git
    Counting objects: 3, done.
    Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 687 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
    Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
    remote: From /home/worg/worg
    remote:  * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
    remote: Merge made by recursive.
    remote:  org-contribute.org |   55 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------------
    remote:  1 files changed, 28 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)
    remote: worg publish process 22778 started at 08/27/15@11:08:01
    remote: Loading 00debian-vars...
    remote: Loading /etc/emacs-snapshot/site-start.d/00emacs-snapshot-common.el (source)...
    remote: Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50git-core.el (source)...
    remote: Loading /home/emacs/.emacs.el (source)...
    remote: Loading /home/emacs/.emacs-custom.el (source)...
    remote: Source file `/home/emacs/git/org-mode/lisp/org.el' newer than byte-compiled file
    remote: Source file `/home/emacs/git/org-mode/lisp/org-list.el' newer than byte-compiled file
    remote: Source file `/home/emacs/git/org-mode/lisp/org-element.el' newer than byte-compiled file
    remote: Invalid function: 41
    remote: worg publish process 22778 exited at 08/27/15@11:08:02
    To worg@orgmode.org:worg.git
       709aeef..85626b9  master -> master
    updating local tracking ref 'refs/remotes/origin/master'

A recent post (unresolved) also reported "Invalid function: 41":

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/100162/focus=100198

--
Kyle

* Re: Worg isn't publishing
@ 2015-08-29  6:03   ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2015-08-29  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:38:57 -0400
Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> wrote:

> Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:
>
> > Aloha all,
> >
> > Worg hasn't published for several days.
> >
> > All the best,
> > Tom
>
> I pushed to Worg last night and noticed that it did not update.  I
> recorded the message below but hadn't got around to emailing the list.

I saw two updates on worg from yesterday, so probably everything is Ok
again.

Please give me a note, when you still see invalid function 41 or so,
then I'll clean up the org used for publishing worg manually.

Best regards
Robert

* Re: Worg isn't publishing
@ 2015-08-29  7:09     ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-08-29  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Klein; +Cc: Kyle Meyer, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Robert Klein <roklein@roklein.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:38:57 -0400
> Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> wrote:
>
>> Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:
>>
>> > Aloha all,
>> >
>> > Worg hasn't published for several days.
>> >
>> > All the best,
>> > Tom
>>
>> I pushed to Worg last night and noticed that it did not update.  I
>> recorded the message below but hadn't got around to emailing the list.
>
> I saw two updates on worg from yesterday, so probably everything is Ok
> again.

I'm not seeing my changes to
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Worg isn't publishing
@ 2015-08-30  6:08       ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2015-08-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Kyle Meyer, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> Robert Klein <roklein@roklein.de> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> wrote:

> >> I pushed to Worg last night and noticed that it did not update.  I
> >> recorded the message below but hadn't got around to emailing the
> >> list.
> >
> > I saw two updates on worg from yesterday, so probably everything is
> > Ok again.
>
> I'm not seeing my changes to
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html
>
> All the best,
> Tom

I fixed the build.  Your changes now show up.

Best regards
Robert

* Re: Worg isn't publishing
@ 2015-08-30 17:56         ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-08-30 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Klein; +Cc: Kyle Meyer, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Robert Klein <roklein@roklein.de> writes:

> I fixed the build.  Your changes now show up.

Thanks!

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Worg isn't publishing
@ 2015-08-31 13:01         ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-08-31 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Robert Klein <roklein-dMgjidx2iAaELgA04lAiVw@public.gmane.org> writes:
> Thomas S. Dye <tsd-P0awH739Ni4AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Robert Klein <roklein-dMgjidx2iAaELgA04lAiVw@public.gmane.org> writes:

>>> I saw two updates on worg from yesterday, so probably everything is
>>> Ok again.
>>
>> I'm not seeing my changes to
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html
>
> I fixed the build.  Your changes now show up.

Could you tell us what had to be fixed, so that we can lear as well?
Thanks!

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Worg isn't publishing
@ 2015-08-31 13:54           ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2015-08-31 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com> wrote:

> Robert Klein <roklein@roklein.de> writes:
> > Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> >> I'm not seeing my changes to
> >> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html
> >
> > I fixed the build.  Your changes now show up.
>
> Could you tell us what had to be fixed, so that we can lear as well?
> Thanks!

Basically I ran the following five commands on the org-mode server:

cd ~emacs/git/org-mode
sudo -u emacs make clean
sudo -u emacs make

cd ~worg/worg.git/hooks/
sudo -u worg ./post-update

However, I saw the invalid function 41 again, so I still have to dig
deeper.  I know one script that causes this already.  Probably I can
tell more later, today.

Best regards
Robert

> Best regards,
>   Seb

* Re: Worg isn't publishing
@ 2015-08-31 16:20             ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-08-31 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Klein; +Cc: Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Robert Klein <roklein@roklein.de> writes:

FYI <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/100625> may be
related.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Worg isn't publishing
@ 2015-08-31 18:31               ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2015-08-31 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Robert Klein <roklein@roklein.de> writes:
>

> FYI <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/100625> may be
> related.

Yes, something like that.  What actually happens is, the
org-mode repository clone for worg publications is also used to create
the daily snapshots for download.  So once daily the repository
switches to the master branch and back.  When switching back to maint
there were autoloads created, but the remnants of the master branch not
cleaned.

I added a 'make cleanall' after checking out maint (just as there
already was for checking out the master branch).

When I'm more familiar with the different scripts, cronjobs etc. on the
org-mode server I'll think about using different org-mode clones.

Best regards
Robert