emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* 8.3.1 and org-latex-with-hyperref
@ 2015-08-08 18:35 Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2015-08-08 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

What happened to the variable org-latex-with-hyperref? It is missing in
8.3.1 and I need it. I have this set to nil so that I can can use the
following in my documents

#+LATEX_HEADER: \hypersetup{...}

How do I now prevent org from automatically inserting \hypersetup{...}
when exporting to LaTeX?

Scott Randby

* Re: 8.3.1 and org-latex-with-hyperref
@ 2015-08-08 18:43 Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2015-08-08 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Sorry for the noise, I figured out how to prevent the automatic
insertion of \hypersetup{...} by deleting the settings for
org-latex-hyperref-template

@ 2015-08-08 18:50 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-08-08 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry for the noise, I figured out how to prevent the automatic
> insertion of \hypersetup{...} by deleting the settings for
> org-latex-hyperref-template

I'm curious to know what you are missing in org-latex-hyperref-template?
What do you need in order to use the provided method?

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
Got mashed potatoes. Ain't got no T-Bone. No T-Bone

* Re: 8.3.1 and org-latex-with-hyperref
@ 2015-08-08 19:04   ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2015-08-08 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 08/08/2015 02:50 PM, Rasmus wrote:
> Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Sorry for the noise, I figured out how to prevent the automatic
>> insertion of \hypersetup{...} by deleting the settings for
>> org-latex-hyperref-template
>
> I'm curious to know what you are missing in org-latex-hyperref-template?
> What do you need in order to use the provided method?

Nothing is missing. I had difficulties with the default \hypersetup{...}
with an old version of org, and my habit became to use my own
\hypersetup{...} instead. Since I now have a huge number of documents
with my own setup, it isn't worth it to go and change all of them.

Scott

@ 2015-08-09  7:54     ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-08-09  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Aug 08, 2015 at 03:04:52PM -0400, Scott Randby wrote:
> On 08/08/2015 02:50 PM, Rasmus wrote:
> >Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >>Sorry for the noise, I figured out how to prevent the automatic
> >>insertion of \hypersetup{...} by deleting the settings for
> >>org-latex-hyperref-template
> >
> >I'm curious to know what you are missing in org-latex-hyperref-template?
> >What do you need in order to use the provided method?
>
> Nothing is missing. I had difficulties with the default \hypersetup{...}
> with an old version of org, and my habit became to use my own
> \hypersetup{...} instead. Since I now have a huge number of documents with
> my own setup, it isn't worth it to go and change all of them.

If I understand hyperref correctly, I think it is okay to have multiple
\hypersetup{...} commands, and the last one has precedence.  So in the
future, you could simply put yours after the one generated by Org.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu

* Re: 8.3.1 and org-latex-with-hyperref
@ 2015-08-09 13:06       ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2015-08-09 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 08/09/2015 03:54 AM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 08, 2015 at 03:04:52PM -0400, Scott Randby wrote:

>>> I'm curious to know what you are missing in org-latex-hyperref-template?
>>> What do you need in order to use the provided method?
>>
>> Nothing is missing. I had difficulties with the default \hypersetup{...}
>> with an old version of org, and my habit became to use my own
>> \hypersetup{...} instead. Since I now have a huge number of documents with
>> my own setup, it isn't worth it to go and change all of them.
>
> If I understand hyperref correctly, I think it is okay to have multiple
> \hypersetup{...} commands, and the last one has precedence.  So in the
> future, you could simply put yours after the one generated by Org.

Unfortunately, the \hypersetup{...} generated by org is last one in the
preamble when an org document is exported.

Scott

@ 2015-08-09 14:22         ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-08-09 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 09:06:27AM -0400, Scott Randby wrote:
> On 08/09/2015 03:54 AM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> >
> >If I understand hyperref correctly, I think it is okay to have multiple
> >\hypersetup{...} commands, and the last one has precedence.  So in the
> >future, you could simply put yours after the one generated by Org.
>
> Unfortunately, the \hypersetup{...} generated by org is last one in the
> preamble when an org document is exported.

Indeed, you are right.

--
Suvayu

* Re: 8.3.1 and org-latex-with-hyperref
@ 2015-08-16 13:36         ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2015-08-16 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Randby; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, the \hypersetup{...} generated by org is last one in
> the preamble when an org document is exported.

Is there anything to fix here?

--
 Bastien

* Re: 8.3.1 and org-latex-with-hyperref
@ 2015-08-16 20:22           ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2015-08-16 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 08/16/2015 09:36 AM, Bastien Guerry wrote:
> Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Unfortunately, the \hypersetup{...} generated by org is last one in
>> the preamble when an org document is exported.
>
> Is there anything to fix here?

Yes in my opinion. Return the org-latex-with hyperref variable to Org.

Scott

* Re: 8.3.1 and org-latex-with-hyperref
@ 2015-08-17  7:24             ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-08-17  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 04:22:43PM -0400, Scott Randby wrote:
> On 08/16/2015 09:36 AM, Bastien Guerry wrote:
> >Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >>Unfortunately, the \hypersetup{...} generated by org is last one in
> >>the preamble when an org document is exported.
> >
> >Is there anything to fix here?
>
> Yes in my opinion. Return the org-latex-with hyperref variable to Org.

I don't get it, what's wrong with Nicolas's suggestion with
org-latex-hyperref-template in this message?

  <http://mid.gmane.org/87zj1w62yk.fsf@nicolasgoaziou.fr>

I thought that should take care of all your needs.

--
Suvayu