emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Re: calfw, get rid of file names
       [not found] <a54ea9xa8e.ln2@news.c0t0d0s0.de>
@ 2012-06-12  1:47 ` Kyle Machulis
From: Kyle Machulis @ 2012-06-12  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Welle; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I used defadvice to fix this:

(defadvice qdot/cfw:org-extract-summary (after cfw:org-extract-summary)
  "Remove tags and filenames from item summary"
  (message item))

@ 2012-06-12  7:56   ` Ivan Vilata i Balaguer
       [not found]     ` <0sbja9xkjk.ln2@news.c0t0d0s0.de>
From: Ivan Vilata i Balaguer @ 2012-06-12  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Kyle Machulis (2012-06-12 03:47:40 +0200) wrote:

> I used defadvice to fix this:
>
> (defadvice qdot/cfw:org-extract-summary (after cfw:org-extract-summary)
>   "Remove tags and filenames from item summary"
>   (message item))

I placed that and `(ad-activate 'qdot/cfw:org-extract-summary)` in my
`.emacs` but tags and file names are still shown by calfw after
restarting Emacs.  Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Ivan Vilata i Balaguer -- https://elvil.net/

@ 2012-06-12 10:30       ` Ivan Vilata i Balaguer
From: Ivan Vilata i Balaguer @ 2012-06-12 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Michael Welle (2012-06-12 10:40:00 +0200) wrote:

> Ivan Vilata i Balaguer <ivan@selidor.net> writes:
>
>> Kyle Machulis (2012-06-12 03:47:40 +0200) wrote:
>>
>>> (defadvice qdot/cfw:org-extract-summary (after cfw:org-extract-summary)
>>>   "Remove tags and filenames from item summary"
>>>   (message item))
>>
>> I placed that and `(ad-activate 'qdot/cfw:org-extract-summary)` in my
>> `.emacs` but tags and file names are still shown by calfw after
>> restarting Emacs.  Did I miss something?
> I use a function similar to my-open-calendar from the documentation. The
> above advice doesn't seem to be called then. It is called if I use
> cfw:open-org-calendar instead. I have to look into how advices work I
> guess ;). The thing Kyle wanted to point out is that you can customise
> the item in the above advice. (message item) just prints the item to the
> status line.

That explains the strange use of the `message` call ;) .  It didn't work
for me either (buffer `*Messages*` doesn't get anything new), but thanks
for the clarification anyway.

Cheers,

--

@ 2012-06-12 19:14       ` Kyle Machulis
From: Kyle Machulis @ 2012-06-12 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Welle; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Michael Welle <mwe012008@gmx.net> wrote:
> The thing Kyle wanted to point out is that you can customise
> the item in the above advice. (message item) just prints the item to the
> status line.
>
> Since I'm a bit short on time at the moment I cheated a little bit and
> manipulated the function cfw:org-summary-format (calfw-org.el). At the
> end of this function I excluded the buffer name from the concatenation.

Hah, wow, ok, I actually completely was not paying attention when I
copy/pasted that, just thought "Oh I remember fixing that" and didn't
realize I never actually /finished/ the function, and hadn't used
calfw much since. Oops. :)

But yeah, that is definitely a way to change the output, but on
further inspection it doesn't look like the right one. If you check
out calfw-org.el, there's a useful defvar,
cfw:org-schedule-summary-transformer. This allows you to write your
own summary line transformer without even needing to advise, so you
could just copy cfw:org-summary-format, chop it up to your hearts
content, then set the variable without modifying the package at all.
I'll probably do this myself.

Also

* Re: calfw, get rid of file names
@ 2012-06-13  2:35         ` SAKURAI Masashi
From: SAKURAI Masashi @ 2012-06-13  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kyle; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, mwe012008

Hi,

I'm sorry for my late response.

At Tue, 12 Jun 2012 12:14:29 -0700,
Kyle Machulis wrote:
> :
> But yeah, that is definitely a way to change the output, but on
> further inspection it doesn't look like the right one. If you check
> out calfw-org.el, there's a useful defvar,
> cfw:org-schedule-summary-transformer. This allows you to write your
> own summary line transformer without even needing to advise, so you
> could just copy cfw:org-summary-format, chop it up to your hearts
> content, then set the variable without modifying the package at all.
> I'll probably do this myself.

Yes. That is my intent for customization.

However, I think calfw-org should be improved for better integration
between org-mode and calfw.

Because I'm not an user of the org-mode scheduling (I'm using howm
mainly), I have little idea for better summarizing the items and
calfw-org customization.

If you give me some idea or patches, I would include them.
(I may have to involve org-mode users for integration...)

Thank you,
--
SAKURAI, Masashi (family, given)
m.sakurai@kiwanami.net