emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* A locale for Org?
@ 2023-10-08 15:03 Juergen Fenn
From: Juergen Fenn @ 2023-10-08 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I wonder whether there is a variable you can configure globally in your
.emacs to make German the language of all documents Org will create,
export, etc.?

My locale on macOS is de_DE.UTF-8.

Is there a locale for Org?

I have looked for language support in Org, but I only find support for
programming languages.

Thanks and best regards,
Jürgen.

* Re: A locale for Org?
@ 2023-10-08 15:16 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-10-08 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Fenn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Juergen Fenn <jfenn@gmx.net> writes:

> I wonder whether there is a variable you can configure globally in your
> .emacs to make German the language of all documents Org will create,
> export, etc.?
>
> My locale on macOS is de_DE.UTF-8.
>
> Is there a locale for Org?

See "23.2 Language Environments" section of Emacs manual and
`org-export-default-language'.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: A locale for Org?
@ 2023-10-08 15:31   ` Juergen Fenn
From: Juergen Fenn @ 2023-10-08 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 08.10.23 um 17:16 Uhr schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
>> Is there a locale for Org?
> See "23.2 Language Environments" section of Emacs manual and
> `org-export-default-language'.

Ah, thanks, Ihor! It's anguage support vs. language environment in
Emacs! I forgot about the latter term. For all the rest, Org depends on
the general settings for Emacs. So I no longer have to set #+LANGUAGE in
every document.

Best regards,
Jürgen.