emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [MobileOrg] Plans for an android app ?
@ 2009-12-02 11:58 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2009-12-02 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Is there anything planned to port the mobileorg application onto Android ?

Regards

* Re: [MobileOrg] Plans for an android app ?
@ 2009-12-02 13:15 ` Oliver Charles
From: Oliver Charles @ 2009-12-02 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anything planned to port the mobileorg application onto Android ?

Heh, I was thinking about just this last night! I'd also love to know
if this will happen

--
    Oliver Charles / aCiD2

* Re: [MobileOrg] Plans for an android app ?
@ 2009-12-02 13:15 ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2009-12-02 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

Xavier Maillard schrieb:
> Is there anything planned to port the mobileorg application onto Android ?
---Zitatende---

Not that I know about it.

I'm chiming in because I'm currently developing emacs-lisp bindings
for integrating remember the milk with org-mode, and I'm doing this
specifically because I use an Android phone and there are already three
todo managers available that support remember the milk. (Astrid, which
I personally use and find excellent, Toodledo and "Remember The
Milk" itself.)

I think the focus is a little wider than what you asked for, but I
hope there'll be a larger userbase for remember the milk + org, than
for iphone/android + org. Also I'm lazy and have little time and I'm
trying to have as little development effort as possible (and I'm also
hoping that others will rather pick up the rtm.el library and do
something useful with it, than something org-mode/iphone/android
specific) ;)

RTM integration will focus solely on todos, integration with google
calendar can later be done via T. V. Rahman's google service bindings
for emacs. (That's the next step.)

--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)

* Re: [MobileOrg] Plans for an android app ?
@ 2009-12-02 23:36   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2009-12-02 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Charles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

   On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org> wrote:
   > Hi,
   >
   > Is there anything planned to port the mobileorg application onto Android ?

   Heh, I was thinking about just this last night! I'd also love to know
   if this will happen

I wish it was already the case ;)

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: [MobileOrg] Plans for an android app ?
@ 2009-12-03  9:10     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-12-03  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Dec 3, 2009, at 12:36 AM, Xavier Maillard wrote:

>   On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Xavier Maillard <xma@gnu.org>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there anything planned to port the mobileorg application onto
>> Android ?
>
>   Heh, I was thinking about just this last night! I'd also love to
> know
>   if this will happen
>
> I wish it was already the case ;)

Just like the iPhone app:  I will happen is soneone pick up the
challenge, just like Richard did for the iPhone.

And the Android app will be easier in a way, because the workflow hast
been designed and all the support code is in place.

So:  WHO???

:-)

- Carsten

> 	Xavier
> --
> http://www.gnu.org
> http://www.april.org
> http://www.lolica.org

- Carsten

* Re: [MobileOrg] Plans for an android app ?
@ 2009-12-04 11:26       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-12-04 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Xavier Maillard, emacs-orgmode

> And the Android app will be easier in a way, because the workflow hast
> been designed and all the support code is in place.
>
> So:  WHO???
>
> :-)

I just stumbled upon this Android application:

  http://niftyware.com/alex/

Maybe there are nice ways to make this interact with the futur Org
application for Android...

--
 Bastien

* Re: [Android] [MobileOrg] Plans for an android app ?
@ 2009-12-04 12:57         ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2009-12-04 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi.

Bastien schrieb:
> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
> I just stumbled upon this Android application:
>
>   http://niftyware.com/alex/
> Maybe there are nice ways to make this interact with the futur Org
> application for Android...

Did you try out Locale? It looks like it does much of what alex is
supposed to do and there's a plugin api that many android applications
already support, e.g. it integrates well with Astrid.

That alex project looks quite ambitious, though. If it can detect my
current speed, that would be something I'd appreciate, since Locale is
not able to detect that (yet).

--

@ 2009-12-04 13:05         ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2009-12-04 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, carsten.dominik

   > And the Android app will be easier in a way, because the workflow hast
   > been designed and all the support code is in place.
   >
   > So:  WHO???
   >
   > :-)

   I just stumbled upon this Android application:

     http://niftyware.com/alex/

   Maybe there are nice ways to make this interact with the futur Org
   application for Android...

THat's look quite interesting ! Thank you.

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org