emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Setttings for using attachments
@ 2008-11-05 18:40 Chris Willard
From: Chris Willard @ 2008-11-05 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello All,

I am playing with using attachments in org-mode. It works OK except
that the ID in the properties section is similiar to the following;

nfx8yym911fe0@eee-cbw.i-did-not-set---mail-host-address--so-shoot-me

I changed the hostname to eee-cbw but am not sure where I change the
rest! I put export MAILHOST=ahost in .bashrc but it did not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

--
... "These effects aren't very special." - Butt-Head

* Re: Setttings for using attachments
@ 2008-11-05 18:59 ` Mikael Fornius
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Mikael Fornius @ 2008-11-05 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Willard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I think it is the variable user-mail-address in emacs who is used for
this:

M-x customize-variable RET user-mail-address

should do it.

* Re: Setttings for using attachments
@ 2008-11-05 19:09 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2008-11-05 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Willard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

M-x apropos-value

* Re: Setttings for using attachments
@ 2008-11-05 19:19 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-11-05 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Willard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Chris Willard <chris@thewillards.co.uk> writes:

> I am playing with using attachments in org-mode. It works OK except
> that the ID in the properties section is similiar to the following;
>
> nfx8yym911fe0@eee-cbw.i-did-not-set---mail-host-address--so-shoot-me
>
> I changed the hostname to eee-cbw but am not sure where I change the
> rest! I put export MAILHOST=ahost in .bashrc but it did not work.

My id's don't look anything like that.

    :ID:       f7b6e05-5920-4d8e-8f57-df73797d8600

I have the following customization for ids

,----
|  'org-id-method (quote uuidgen))
`----

-Bernt

* Re: Setttings for using attachments
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-11-05 20:05 ` Chris Willard
From: Chris Willard @ 2008-11-05 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008, Chris Willard wrote:

[snip]
> Any help would be appreciated.
[snip]

Hello Chaps,

Thanks for the help. I have got it working now.

Regards,

Chris.

--
[ "I"m feeling pain.  I don't like it." - Q                            ]