emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Announcing my tutorial on using dates (and times) in org-mode
@ 2007-10-24 12:52 Charles Cave
From: Charles Cave @ 2007-10-24 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am pleased to announce the publication of my tutorial
on using date and times in org-mode.   Carsten has reviewed
the first draft and I have incorporated his suggestions.

Please send me your comments and I will make a second edition.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/org_dates/

Contents:

     * 1 Org-mode and personal productivity
     * 2 Brief review of org-mode
           o 2.1 User configurable tags
           o 2.2 To do flags
           o 2.3 Dates
     * 3 Exploring Dates
           o 3.1 Simple date format
           o 3.2 Date and time format
           o 3.3 Date Range
     * 4 Agenda View
     * 5 Timeline
     * 6 Repeating events
     * 7 Deadlines and Scheduled Dates
           o 7.1 Deadline Dates
           o 7.2 Repeating Deadlines
           o 7.3 Sparse Tree of Deadlines
           o 7.4 Scheduled Date
     * 8 Editing Dates
           o 8.1 Date Selector Tool
     * 9 Examples
     * 10 Command Summary

I learnt a lot about the functionality of scheduling, deadlines,
repeating intervals and date editing.

Charles

* Re: Announcing my tutorial on using dates (and times) in org-mode
@ 2007-10-24 16:57 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2007-10-24 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Charles Cave <charles_cave@optusnet.com.au> writes:

> Please send me your comments and I will make a second edition.
>
>     * 3 Exploring Dates
>           o 3.1 Simple date format
>           o 3.2 Date and time format
>           o 3.3 Date Range

In section 3.1 there are two more keys for moving the date.  M-S-left
and M-S-right moves backwards and forwards by a month respectively.

Nice job!

Bernt

* Re: Announcing my tutorial on using dates (and times) in org-mode
@ 2007-10-30 19:50 ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2007-10-30 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 10:52:05PM +1000, Charles Cave wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the publication of my tutorial
> on using date and times in org-mode.   Carsten has reviewed
> the first draft and I have incorporated his suggestions.
>
> Please send me your comments and I will make a second edition.
>
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/org_dates/

Great work Charles!  This is probably a stupid question, but did you
create the webpage using org-mode?  If so, any chance of seeing the
source?  I am also thinking of publishing some tutorials (not related
to org-mode).

Thanks,
Adam