emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Make timestamps appear in each item header of the _archive file
@ 2008-09-13  4:33 munco munco
From: munco munco @ 2008-09-13  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

When I archive (C-c-x-a) a TODO item to my _archive file I would like
the close timestamp to also appear in the header of that TODO item in
the _archive file (e.g.

** DONE <2008-09-13 Sat 14:27> Email Org-mode list my problem...

)

My current org-mode configuration looks like:

;; ORG mode-------------------------------------------------
(require 'org)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
(define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(setq org-agenda-files (list "~/.agenda.org"))
(setq org-log-done 'time)
(setq org-log-done 'note)             ;;Prompts me for a note about the close
(setq org-use-fast-todo-selection t)
(setq org-hide-leading-stars t)
(setq org-todo-keyword-faces
      '(("TODO"     . org-warning)                               ;;
TODO      :something I need to do
	("DONE"     . (:foreground "forest green" :weight bold)) ;; DONE
:completed task
	("WAITING"  . (:foreground "orange"       :weight bold)) ;; WAITING
:waiting on an external input (this also means Delegated)
	("CANCELED" . shadow)))                                  ;; CANCELED
:this is not going to be completed (but I want to recorded it)

(setq org-todo-keywords
      '((sequence "TODO(t)" "WAITING(w@/!)" "|" "DONE(d!)" "CANCELED(c@)")))

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks
Adam

* Re: Make timestamps appear in each item header of the _archive file
@ 2008-09-14  6:13 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-09-14  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: munco munco; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
On Sep 13, 2008, at 6:33 AM, munco munco wrote:

> Hi
>
> When I archive (C-c-x-a) a TODO item to my _archive file I would like
> the close timestamp to also appear in the header of that TODO item in
> the _archive file (e.g.
>
> ** DONE <2008-09-13 Sat 14:27> Email Org-mode list my problem...
>
> )

Things used to work like this, but we changed it because the archive
moment is not
as special as the moment when you actually mark the item as DONE,
which will be recorded if you set org-log-done.

Putting the time stamp into the headline may seem useful, but it is
ugly, and you can use column view or th agenda to look at the
timestamps if you need to.

HTH

- Carsten

* Re: Make timestamps appear in each item header of the _archive file
@ 2008-09-21  3:04   ` munco munco
From: munco munco @ 2008-09-21  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten

Thanks very much for your suggestions.  I gave the column view method
a go and (after some configuration) it works just great.

Thanks for your help, as well as the most excellent org-mode.

Cheers
Adam