emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org babel output
@ 2023-07-01  3:52 Robert Synofzik
From: Robert Synofzik @ 2023-07-01  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

the exact same error occurs for me:
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/72243/macos-org-babel-python-with-session-output-give-python-el-eval

I use python 3.9 so guessing switching the version won't help.

#+begin_src python :session :results output

print("yes")

#+End_src

#+Results:
: __PYTHON_EL_eval("try:\n    with
open('/var/folders/16/snlwm5z17zz1b1x09vvvrdg04v6pgk/T/babel-hWQZ8X/python-sPLVoL')
as __org_babel_python_tmpfile:\n
 exec(compile(__org_babel_python_tmpfile.read(), __
org_babel_python_tmpfile.name, 'exec'))\nexcept:\n    raise\nfinally:\n
 print('

do you possibly have any idea on how to fix this?

Sorry to bother you and thanks for the attention!

Robert

* Re: org babel output
@ 2023-07-03 12:30 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-07-03 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Synofzik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Robert Synofzik <robert.synofzik@gmail.com> writes:

> the exact same error occurs for me:
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/72243/macos-org-babel-python-with-session-output-give-python-el-eval
>
> I use python 3.9 so guessing switching the version won't help.

May you share your Org version as well?
If it is not the latest, may you try reproducing with the latest ELPA
Org version and with the latest development version?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: org babel output
@ 2023-07-03 18:34 ` Matt
From: Matt @ 2023-07-03 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Synofzik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

 ---- On Sat, 01 Jul 2023 05:52:42 +0200  Robert Synofzik  wrote ---
 > Hello,
 > the exact same error occurs for me:
 > https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/72243/macos-org-babel-python-with-session-output-give-python-el-eval
 >
 > do you possibly have any idea on how to fix this?

Just to check, because you didn't explicitly say it in your message, does the solution given in the StackExchange not work for you?  That is, do you get a different result when you name the session?  What happens when you run the following?

#+begin_src python :session my-named-session :results output
print("yes")
#+end_src