emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Fix: org-mobile-push results in byte-code: Wrong type argument: listp, "TODO"
@ 2010-06-29  3:28 Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2010-06-29  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,
this problem was described by Xin already some monthes ago. Following
the thread, the solution was to remove the customisation of the variable
"org-todo-keywords".

Today, I faced the exact same problem. Removing seems not the correct
solution to me so I searched around in the org-manual.
To my surprise I found the following example:

(setq org-todo-keywords
       '((sequence "TODO" "FEEDBACK" "VERIFY" "|" "DONE" "DELEGATED")))

whereas in my init file I used simply

(setq org-todo-keywords
       '("TODO" "STARTED" "WAITING" "DONE"))

I changed my lines according to the manual and now org-mobile-push works
without any problem. I wasn't able to track down whether the
org-todo-keyword variable changed recently and I used an old definition
or why I customised it in this "simple" resp. wrong way. Surprisingly,
this didn't effect the TODO states mechanism in org-mode itself. They
work as desired with the old customisation.

Just thought I let you know, maybe some people fight or will fight with
the same problem.

Bye

Torsten

* Re: Fix: org-mobile-push results in byte-code: Wrong type argument: listp, "TODO"
@ 2010-06-29 14:27 ` Greg Troxel
From: Greg Troxel @ 2010-06-29 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Torsten Wagner; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com> writes:

> this problem was described by Xin already some monthes ago. Following
> the thread, the solution was to remove the customisation of the variable
> "org-todo-keywords".
>
> Today, I faced the exact same problem. Removing seems not the correct
> solution to me so I searched around in the org-manual.
> To my surprise I found the following example:
>
> (setq org-todo-keywords
>        '((sequence "TODO" "FEEDBACK" "VERIFY" "|" "DONE" "DELEGATED")))
>
> whereas in my init file I used simply
>
> (setq org-todo-keywords
>        '("TODO" "STARTED" "WAITING" "DONE"))
>
> I changed my lines according to the manual and now org-mobile-push works
> without any problem. I wasn't able to track down whether the
> org-todo-keyword variable changed recently and I used an old definition
> or why I customised it in this "simple" resp. wrong way. Surprisingly,
> this didn't effect the TODO states mechanism in org-mode itself. They
> work as desired with the old customisation.

Perhaps the problem is that in your definition you didn't have any
keywords defined as completed states, and thus there are no "done
keywords".  I couldn't figure this out in a few minutes.  Try adding "|"
before DONE in your example.  It could be that some parts of org but not
all treat the last keywords as a done keyword when there is no |.

(Of course org-mobile-push should give a better error message if this is
the issues.)

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 194 bytes --]

* Re: Fix: org-mobile-push results in byte-code: Wrong type argument: listp, "TODO"
@ 2010-06-29 22:40 ` Sven Bretfeld
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2010-06-29 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Torsten, hi all

I experience multiple error messages of the form (wrong-type-argument:
listp \.\.\.) since some weeks. That was around the time when I changed
my old:

(setq org-todo-keywords
      '((type "NEXT(n)" "WAITING(w)" "DELEGATED(l)" "DEFERRED(f)" "REGULAR(r)" "APPT(a)" "RESV(v)" "DONE(d)" "CANCELLED(c)")))

into

(setq org-todo-keywords
      '((type "NEXT(n)" "WAITING(w)" "DELEGATED(l)" "DEFERRED(f)"
      "REGULAR(r)" "APPT(a)" "RESV(v)" "|" "DONE(d)" "CANCELLED(c)")))

I don't know if this is related but it's annoying. I have several not
org-related error messages since some time and I don't know where they
come from.

For example, I get "wrong-number-of-arguments: called-interactively-p,
1" whenever I visit a tex-file. The buffer is, then, opened but not
selected.

Greetings,

Sven

@ 2010-06-30  4:23   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-06-30  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven Bretfeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 30, 2010, at 12:40 AM, Sven Bretfeld wrote:

> Hi Torsten, hi all
>
> I experience multiple error messages of the form (wrong-type-argument:
> listp \.\.\.) since some weeks. That was around the time when I
> changed
> my old:
>
> (setq org-todo-keywords
>      '((type "NEXT(n)" "WAITING(w)" "DELEGATED(l)" "DEFERRED(f)"
> "REGULAR(r)" "APPT(a)" "RESV(v)" "DONE(d)" "CANCELLED(c)")))
>
> into
>
> (setq org-todo-keywords
>      '((type "NEXT(n)" "WAITING(w)" "DELEGATED(l)" "DEFERRED(f)"
>      "REGULAR(r)" "APPT(a)" "RESV(v)" "|" "DONE(d)" "CANCELLED(c)")))
>
> I don't know if this is related but it's annoying. I have several not
> org-related error messages since some time and I don't know where they
> come from.
>
> For example, I get "wrong-number-of-arguments: called-interactively-p,
> 1" whenever I visit a tex-file. The buffer is, then, opened but not
> selected.

Make a backtrace!

- Carsten

> Greetings,
>
> Sven
>
> Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>> this problem was described by Xin already some monthes ago. Following
>> the thread, the solution was to remove the customisation of the
>> variable
>> "org-todo-keywords".
>>
>> Today, I faced the exact same problem. Removing seems not the correct
>> solution to me so I searched around in the org-manual.
>> To my surprise I found the following example:
>>
>> (setq org-todo-keywords
>>       '((sequence "TODO" "FEEDBACK" "VERIFY" "|" "DONE"
>> "DELEGATED")))
>>
>> whereas in my init file I used simply
>>
>> (setq org-todo-keywords
>>       '("TODO" "STARTED" "WAITING" "DONE"))
>>
>> I changed my lines according to the manual and now org-mobile-push
>> works
>> without any problem. I wasn't able to track down whether the
>> org-todo-keyword variable changed recently and I used an old
>> definition
>> or why I customised it in this "simple" resp. wrong way.
>> Surprisingly,
>> this didn't effect the TODO states mechanism in org-mode itself. They
>> work as desired with the old customisation.
>>
>> Just thought I let you know, maybe some people fight or will fight
>> with
>> the same problem.
>>
>> Bye
>>
>> Torsten