emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Editing in two columns
@ 2018-02-25  0:01 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2018-02-25  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Is there a way to edit with two columns displayed so I’m only editing
and exporting the right hand column?
I’m writing a parody of a poem, and I’d like to have the original in the
left column for reference, to make sure the rhyme scheme, meters, etc.
match, but then I just want to export the right column to html.
Thanks,
-pd

--
  Peter Davis
  www.techcurmudgeon.com

* Re: Editing in two columns
@ 2018-02-25  0:18 ` Peter Neilson
From: Peter Neilson @ 2018-02-25  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 19:01:25 -0500, Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to edit with two columns displayed so I’m only editing
> and exporting the right hand column?
> I’m writing a parody of a poem, and I’d like to have the original in the
> left column for reference, to make sure the rhyme scheme, meters, etc.
> match, but then I just want to export the right column to html.
> Thanks,
> -pd
>

> --
>   Peter Davis
>   www.techcurmudgeon.com

Have you tried ^X3 ? That's split-window-right . It'll go to one column
while it queries you during export, but exports only your current window.

* Re: Editing in two columns
@ 2018-02-25  0:26   ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2018-02-25  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018, at 7:18 PM, Peter Neilson wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 19:01:25 -0500, Peter Davis
> <pfd@pfdstudio.com> wrote:>
> > Is there a way to edit with two columns displayed so I’m only
> > editing> > and exporting the right hand column?
> > I’m writing a parody of a poem, and I’d like to have the original
> > in the> > left column for reference, to make sure the rhyme scheme,
> > meters, etc.> > match, but then I just want to export the right column to html.
> > Thanks,
> > -pd
> >

> Have you tried ^X3 ? That's split-window-right . It'll go to
> one column> while it queries you during export, but exports only your
> current window.>

I haven’t tried it, but it sounds perfect. Thanks!

-pd

--
  Peter Davis
  www.techcurmudgeon.com