emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* dynamic blocks/agenda view.
@ 2007-09-02 16:05 François Lagarde
From: François Lagarde @ 2007-09-02 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hello,

In my org file project, I would like to insert/see automatically all my "todo"
items. I mean to insert the result view of the command agenda view "list of all
todos" in the current file.

I guess that a "Dynamic blocks" are my friends but my knowledge in lisp is more
than limited.

May someone may help me.

I would like also to point out something. Two commands exist to quote text
depending on we would like to produce html (begin_html) or latex
(begin_latex).

It would be maybe easier to have only one command. Maybe begin_quote.

thanks.

--
François Lagarde

* Re: dynamic blocks/agenda view.
@ 2007-09-03  7:26 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-03  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: François Lagarde; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 2, 2007, at 18:05, François Lagarde wrote:

> hello,
>
> In my org file project, I would like to insert/see automatically all
> my "todo"
> items. I mean to insert the result view of the command agenda view
> "list of all
> todos" in the current file.
>
> I guess that a "Dynamic blocks" are my friends but my knowledge in
> lisp is more
> than limited.
>
> May someone may help me.

While this is of course possible, it is somewhat against the philosophy
of Org-mode, which encourages to store all information only once
and make all the needed lists dynamically.

> I would like also to point out something. Two commands exist to quote
> text
> depending on we would like to produce html (begin_html) or latex
> (begin_latex).
>
> It would be maybe easier to have only one command. Maybe begin_quote.

However, you might want to export a file both to LaTeX and to HTML,
so we need both.  I agree that a general quote would be useful as well.
We currently have subtrees with the QUOTE tag, and lines starting with
":"
as quotes.  But I guess we need something that can work in the middle of
a line, and we also need something like <example>...</example> in Muse.

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam