emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Indexing with org-mode
@ 2023-07-30 11:00 Jan Ulrich Hasecke
From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke @ 2023-07-30 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

for some years I am using the Python documentation tool Sphinx to write
manuals. My target formats are epub and pdf. Sphinx has a very
comfortable and powerful indexing mechanism which makes indexing very
easy.

In the last weeks I went back to an older Sphinx project, which I now
want to finish. As I am now mostly using org-mode for my writing I
evaluated if it was feasible to convert the Sphinx project to org-mode.
But as I found no good solution for indexing in org-mode I didn't
converted it to org-mode.

I found two mentions about indexing in the manual: Texinfo indexing and
indexing in publishing via :makeindex. Both don't work in my exports.

I am using GNU Emacs 28.2 with straight using the newest packages.
I am exporting either with ox-context or org-pandoc to ConTeXt.

I managed to use Texinfo indexing in ox-context some months ago, but now
it doesn't work anymore. Maybe I forgot the configuration or an upgrade
broke it. I remember that I had to use a feature-branch to make it work
at all.

For some time now ox-context seems to be completely broken for me as it
does not export the main text. The consequence is that I work with
org-pandoc to create context pdfs from my org-mode files.

So I have a couple of problems with org-mode and context, but the main
problem is indexing.

Does anyone know of a new approach to indexing in org-mode?

TIA
juh

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Indexing with org-mode
@ 2023-07-30 11:49 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-07-30 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Check out https://github.com/tecosaur/org-glossary

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Indexing with org-mode
@ 2023-07-30 12:21   ` juh
From: juh @ 2023-07-30 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 30.07.23 um 13:49 schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
> Jan Ulrich Hasecke <juh@mailbox.org> writes:
>
>> Does anyone know of a new approach to indexing in org-mode?
>
> Check out https://github.com/tecosaur/org-glossary

Interesting approach. I'll try it.

Thanks!
juh