emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [babel] [bug?] create graph in R
@ 2012-04-17 14:31 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2012-04-17 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Re: [babel] [bug?] create graph in R
@ 2012-04-17 14:46 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-04-17 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug wrote:
> I am irritated - shouldn't the following create a pdf?
>
> #+begin_src R :results file :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf :session R
>   plot(runif(100))
> #+end_src
>
> I am getting no error messages in the R console, nothing in the messages?

I'm not using R -- yet! --, so I'm not sure about the following, but please
check whether you must write:

  #+begin_src R :results file :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf

or

  #+begin_src R :results graphics :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [babel] [bug?] create graph in R
@ 2012-04-17 15:04   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-04-17 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> wrote:

> Hi Rainer,
>
> Rainer M Krug wrote:
> > I am irritated - shouldn't the following create a pdf?
> >
> > #+begin_src R :results file :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf :session R
> >   plot(runif(100))
> > #+end_src
> >
> > I am getting no error messages in the R console, nothing in the messages?
>
> I'm not using R -- yet! --, so I'm not sure about the following, but please
> check whether you must write:
>
>   #+begin_src R :results file :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf
>
> or
>
>   #+begin_src R :results graphics :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf

I've lost track of all these header arguments and their possible values: are
they documented somewhere (other than the mailing list)? AFAICT, they are not
in the manual.

Nick

* Re: [babel] [bug?] create graph in R
@ 2012-04-17 15:15     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-04-17 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:

> Sebastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Rainer,
> >
> > Rainer M Krug wrote:
> > > I am irritated - shouldn't the following create a pdf?
> > >
> > > #+begin_src R :results file :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf :session R
> > >   plot(runif(100))
> > > #+end_src
> > >
> > > I am getting no error messages in the R console, nothing in the messages?
> >
> > I'm not using R -- yet! --, so I'm not sure about the following, but please
> > check whether you must write:
> >
> >   #+begin_src R :results file :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf
> >
> > or
> >
> >   #+begin_src R :results graphics :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf
> >

> I've lost track of all these header arguments and their possible values: are
> they documented somewhere (other than the mailing list)? AFAICT, they are not
> in the manual.

To answer the question: on Worg

   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-R.html

and other such language pages. Sorry for the noise.

Nick

* Re: [babel] [bug?] create graph in R
@ 2012-04-17 19:05   ` Michael Hannon
From: Michael Hannon @ 2012-04-17 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 7:46 AM Sebastien Vauban wrote:

>Hi Rainer,
>
>Rainer M Krug wrote:
>> I am irritated - shouldn't the following create a pdf?
>>
>> #+begin_src R :results file :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf :session R
>>   plot(runif(100))
>> #+end_src
>>
>> I am getting no error messages in the R console, nothing in the messages?
>
>I'm not using R -- yet! --, so I'm not sure about the following, but please
>check whether you must write:
>
>  #+begin_src R :results file :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf
>
>or
>
>  #+begin_src R :results graphics :file sustEconOnlyNonRec.pdf

Hi, Seb.  Your suggestion produces what I take to be the desired output on my
system:

$ uname -a
Linux mikehppc.gh.lan 3.3.1-5.fc16.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Apr 10 19:56:52 UTC 2012
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ emacs --version
GNU Emacs 23.3.1

Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.324.gc4b233)

$ R --version
R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30)

-- Mike