emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [Feature request] CSS tag classes for headlines
@ 2009-12-04 19:16 Peter Westlake
From: Peter Westlake @ 2009-12-04 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Would it be possible to give exported headlines a class based on their
tag or TODO?

For instance, instead of just labelling the tag, like this:

<h2 id="sec-10">Windows builds fail with "Error 66"<span

I would like to change the appearance of the whole headline:

<h2 id="sec-10" class="headline-tag-CLOSED">Windows builds fail with
"Error 66"<span class="tag"><span
class="CLOSED">CLOSED</span></span></h2>

The use case is that I need to put a list of bugs up on the wall, and it
would be nice if closed ones could be greyed out. In fact, the whole div
containing the headline and text could be given a class, and child
elements could be identified using CSS selecters.

Peter.

* Re: [Feature request] CSS tag classes for headlines
@ 2010-01-01 10:07 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-01-01 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Westlake; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Peter,

this is a quite open-ended request, to add classes based on
TODO keywords/Tags, maybe timestamps etc.

Maybe the best solution would be to do this in postprocessing, for
example using a hook like org-export-html-final-hook:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-configs/org-hooks.php#sec-1.76

HTH

- Carsten

On Dec 4, 2009, at 8:16 PM, Peter Westlake wrote:

> Would it be possible to give exported headlines a class based on their
> tag or TODO?
>
> For instance, instead of just labelling the tag, like this:
>
> <h2 id="sec-10">Windows builds fail with "Error 66"<span
>
> I would like to change the appearance of the whole headline:
>
> <h2 id="sec-10" class="headline-tag-CLOSED">Windows builds fail with
> "Error 66"<span class="tag"><span
> class="CLOSED">CLOSED</span></span></h2>
>
> The use case is that I need to put a list of bugs up on the wall,
> and it
> would be nice if closed ones could be greyed out. In fact, the whole
> div
> containing the headline and text could be given a class, and child
> elements could be identified using CSS selecters.

> Peter.

- Carsten

* Re: [Feature request] CSS tag classes for headlines
@ 2010-01-04 13:51   ` Peter Westlake
From: Peter Westlake @ 2010-01-04 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 11:07 +0100, "Carsten Dominik"
<carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> this is a quite open-ended request, to add classes based on
> TODO keywords/Tags, maybe timestamps etc.
>
> Maybe the best solution would be to do this in postprocessing, for
> example using a hook like org-export-html-final-hook:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-configs/org-hooks.php#sec-1.76

Fair enough - thanks!

Also happy New Year, and thanks again for a great piece of software!

Peter.

> HTH
>
> - Carsten
>
> On Dec 4, 2009, at 8:16 PM, Peter Westlake wrote:
>
> > Would it be possible to give exported headlines a class based on their
> > tag or TODO?
> >
> > For instance, instead of just labelling the tag, like this:
> >
> > <h2 id="sec-10">Windows builds fail with "Error 66"<span
> >
> > I would like to change the appearance of the whole headline:
> >
> > <h2 id="sec-10" class="headline-tag-CLOSED">Windows builds fail with
> > "Error 66"<span class="tag"><span
> > class="CLOSED">CLOSED</span></span></h2>
> >
> > The use case is that I need to put a list of bugs up on the wall,
> > and it
> > would be nice if closed ones could be greyed out. In fact, the whole
> > div
> > containing the headline and text could be given a class, and child
> > elements could be identified using CSS selecters.

That's what happens when you don't run a spelling checker....