emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* scope of properties in a narrowed buffer, links in certain environments etc.
       [not found] <4714a56f.1901360a.7cc7.ffffddb6SMTPIN_ADDED@mx.google.com>
@ 2007-10-16 12:56 ` Niels Giesen
From: Niels Giesen @ 2007-10-16 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten and list,

due to all the traffic on the list (Good Thing) and too much traffic on
the railroad to work this morning (Bad Thing), I went reading up on the
org-mode mailing list and installed the latest version today (was coming
from 4.56), and trying to use column view and properties. Which are
great. In my enthousiasm however, I discovered some bugs, especially
after an `org-narrow-to-subtree'-call.

Column view on a narrowed subtree does take into account the file-wide
#+COLUMNS directive,  but *not* the :COLUMNS: property of a parent tree
outside of the narrowing.
Actually, this issue seems to be larger: `org-set-property' does scan
the whole file for properties, but prop_ALL from a parent tree outside
of the narrowing does not have any effect on the values shown.

In column view links are not propertised as links, so the full text
shows. Also, C-c C-o does not work here to follow a link in a line (or
rather: column).

Whilst on the subject of links, in the agenda buffer, for some reason
C-c C-o has trouble when a link is not on the end of a line. The
following in org-agenda-open-link patch fixes this:
(however, it will still just follow the /first/ link on the line)

diff -w "c:/tmp/org-5.12c/org.el" "c:/tmp/org-5.12c/org2.el"
20251a20252
 >       (beginning-of-line)
20255c20256,20258
<       (call-interactively 'org-open-at-point)
---
 >       (progn
 >         (beginning-of-line)
 >         (call-interactively 'org-open-at-point))

Diff finished.  Tue Oct 16 14:08:55 2007

Using Org-mode version 5.12c on "GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1
(i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-01-01 on DTOP"

Greetings to you all!

Niels Giesen

* Re: scope of properties in a narrowed buffer, links in certain environments etc.
@ 2007-10-17  9:12   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-17  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Niels Giesen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 16, 2007, at 14:56, Niels Giesen wrote:

> Column view on a narrowed subtree does take into account the file-wide
> #+COLUMNS directive,  but *not* the :COLUMNS: property of a parent
> tree outside of the narrowing.
> Actually, this issue seems to be larger: `org-set-property' does scan
> the whole file for properties, but prop_ALL from a parent tree outside
> of the narrowing does not have any effect on the values shown.

Fixed, thanks.

> In column view links are not propertised as links, so the full text
> shows.

This cannot be changed, because columns are a display property already,
and links
also need a display property.

>  Also, C-c C-o does not work here to follow a link in a line (or
> rather: column).

I guess this could be made to work.

> Whilst on the subject of links, in the agenda buffer, for some reason
> C-c C-o has trouble when a link is not on the end of a line. The
> following in org-agenda-open-link patch fixes this:
> (however, it will still just follow the /first/ link on the line)

Fixed, thanks.

- Carsten