emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* float control in org
@ 2015-05-22  9:43 Zhihao Ding
From: Zhihao Ding @ 2015-05-22  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi there,

Could I ask for some advice on using the latex float
package in org mode? I’d like to have some control on
the positions of the figures, tables, code blocks etc.
Currently I am doing it using latex entirely, just for
my code blocks, as below

     #+BEGIN_LaTeX
     \floatstyle{ruled}
     \newfloat{Program}{tbp}{lop}[section]
     \begin{Program}
     \begin{verbatim}
   	./somescripts.sh —someargs
     \end{verbatim}
     \caption{my caption}
     \label{mylabel}
     \end{Program}
     #+END_LaTeX

 There must be better ways of doing this?

Thanks very much!

Zhihao

* Re: float control in org
@ 2015-05-22 10:07 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-05-22 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Zhihao Ding <zhihao.ding@imm.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> Could I ask for some advice on using the latex float
> package in org mode? I’d like to have some control on
> the positions of the figures, tables, code blocks etc.
> Currently I am doing it using latex entirely, just for
> my code blocks, as below
>
>      #+BEGIN_LaTeX
>      \floatstyle{ruled}
>      \newfloat{Program}{tbp}{lop}[section]
>      \begin{Program}
>      \begin{verbatim}
>    	./somescripts.sh someargs
>      \end{verbatim}
>      \caption{my caption}
>      \label{mylabel}
>      \end{Program}
>      #+END_LaTeX
>
>  There must be better ways of doing this?

Maybe something like this

#+latex_header:     \floatstyle{ruled}
#+latex_header:     \newfloat{program}{tbp}{lop}[section]

#+caption: my program
#+begin_program
#+BEGIN_SRC sh
./somescripts.sh someargs