emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Captioning arbitrarily on HTML export?
@ 2016-09-19  3:13 David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2016-09-19  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have an HTML block:

       #+Caption: Diagram Caption
       #+Label: fig:diacap
       #+begin_html
         <canvas id="mybox" width="200" height="200"></canvas>
           <script>
           function drawme() {
              // code to draw on canvas object
           }
           </script>
       #+end_html

and was wondering if there was a way to get an Org Export caption
generated?  According to the manual:

    "12.9.10  Labels and captions in ODT export
      You can label and caption various category of objects—an inline
image, a table, a LATEX fragment
      or a Math formula—using #+LABEL and #+CAPTION lines."

While this is for ODT export, I've seen example online with people
putting captions on in-line images:

    #+Caption: A pretty picture
    #+Label: fig:ppic
    [[file:path/to/image.jpg]]

But as you can see, I'm using JS to draw on a canvas and was wondering
if OrgExport could generate the captions.  I could always generate the
images via some other language and generate the file to do the
[[file:path/to/image.jpg]] method, but just thought I'd inquire first.

Thanks!

--dag