emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Unable to Style RESULTS Blocks
@ 2012-05-21 17:36 Jeff Rush
From: Jeff Rush @ 2012-05-21 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Using org-babel, I cannot figure out how to make the export of the
results of execution appear in LaTeX as a shaded box, like I see on so
many of the org-mode websites.

#+name: example
#+BEGIN_SRC python -n :results output :exports both
  print "Hello World"
#+END_SRC

#+results: example
: Hello World

The results are exported as:

\begin{verbatim}
 Hello World
\end{verbatim}

which lacks any shading/borders.  The org-mode documentation at:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html

shows this example but the example expects the results to be wrapped in
a 'results' environment instead of the 'verbatim' environment I'm seeing.

#+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{framed}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{xcolor}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \definecolor{shadecolor}{gray}{.95}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \newenvironment{results}{\begin{shaded}}{\end{shaded}}

I'm running org-mode 7.8.03 under Linux, and I've defined my own LaTeX
document class to format the other parts of my document.  I am new to
LaTeX though.  I just expected the formatting of source and results to
be a well-solved problem w/good looking defaults in org-mode.

-Jeff