* show inline html images as attachments in emacs notmuch-show
@ 2014-02-01 22:15 Jonas Hörsch
From: Jonas Hörsch @ 2014-02-01 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

hej, everyone,

currently when i receive a mail containing inline images in a html
alternative part, which use those cid references. they are sometimes
shown, but other times not visible at all and just a [cid] token is
shown.

is it possible to provide regular attachment buttons for such images,
regardless whether they can be displayed or not. this would make sure,
that one can display them and it's even easily possible to save them
separately.

thanks for any hints on how to get there,

jonas

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: show inline html images as attachments in emacs notmuch-show
@ 2014-02-02 20:03 ` Mark Walters
From: Mark Walters @ 2014-02-02 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Hörsch, notmuch

Hi

This sounds like a bug. However, I don't think I have any emails showing
this problem. Have you got any examples that are public, or at least
public enough they can be sent privately?

Best wishes

Mark

@ 2014-02-03  7:29   ` David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2014-02-03  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Walters, Jonas Hörsch, notmuch

Hi all,

I can confirm this behaviour as well. With certain emails the CID images
are not displayed, and there is no means how to show them except writing
on disk and view externally.

i have reported this problem some times ago, but I haven't find any
solution yet.

http://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2012/012493.html

.d.

@ 2014-02-03  8:10     ` Mark Walters
From: Mark Walters @ 2014-02-03  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Belohrad, Jonas Hörsch, notmuch

Hi

On Mon, 03 Feb 2014, David Belohrad <david@belohrad.ch> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I can confirm this behaviour as well. With certain emails the CID images
> are not displayed, and there is no means how to show them except writing
> on disk and view externally.
>
> i have reported this problem some times ago, but I haven't find any
> solution yet.
>
> http://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2012/012493.html

I think we thought this bug was fixed in
id:87625rz71n.fsf@awakening.csail.mit.edu

Are the symptoms now exactly the same as in your original report? Do you
have any public messages showing the problem or can you construct one?

With a sample message I expect we can fix this: I get very little html
email and haven't seen the problem.

Best wishes

Mark

@ 2014-02-03  8:35       ` David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2014-02-03  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Walters, Jonas Hörsch, notmuch

Hi Mark,

thanks for info. I correct myself. The CID images in my case do not link
correctly when email opened as text/plain. They do however work when
email is opened as text/html.

In case of text/html they nicely are shown inline. In case of text/plain
the link is somehow live, but cid: is in different color than link
itself. when clicked on both separately, they both open empty emacs
buffer.

I send you privately one of my emails, which exhibits this behaviour as
well the screenshot on how it looks on my screen

thanks