* queuing database tasks?
@ 2014-07-01 23:20 Nicolás Reynolds
From: Nicolás Reynolds @ 2014-07-01 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

hi! sometimes my machine takes a little while to process new emails and
if i'm reading email during that moment, tagging and untagging fails
because the xapian database is write locked.

this affects manual tagging but also the emacs interface removing the
unread tag so i often have to come back or wait to do it manually.

would it be possible to queue these actions until the database is
unlocked again or any other solution?

--
:{

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 602 bytes --]

* Re: queuing database tasks?
@ 2014-07-02 17:38 ` Tomi Ollila
From: Tomi Ollila @ 2014-07-02 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolás Reynolds, notmuch

On Wed, Jul 02 2014, Nicolás Reynolds <fauno@endefensadelsl.org> wrote:

> hi! sometimes my machine takes a little while to process new emails and
> if i'm reading email during that moment, tagging and untagging fails
> because the xapian database is write locked.
>
> this affects manual tagging but also the emacs interface removing the
> unread tag so i often have to come back or wait to do it manually.
>
> would it be possible to queue these actions until the database is
> unlocked again or any other solution?

It would. SMOP. Especially when done properly. I.e. patches tolerated...

... it might be beneficial to first have some discussions on the matter,
but if one impress us with good set of patches that is always a big plus.

> --
> :{

Tomi