* Order of messages
@ 2016-04-01 15:07 Laurence Rochfort
From: Laurence Rochfort @ 2016-04-01 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch@notmuchmail.org

Hello,

In the notmuch emacs client, messages are always shown oldest at the top
and newest at the bottom. This seems to be the case for both search results
and when viewing a message content.

How can I set the default to be newest first in all cases?

Cheers,
Laurence.

* Re: Order of messages
@ 2016-04-06 15:21 ` Alex Dunn
From: Alex Dunn @ 2016-04-06 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurence Rochfort, notmuch@notmuchmail.org

You should be able to set `notmuch-search-oldest-first` to nil, either
manually or in the Customize menu.

Laurence Rochfort <laurence.rochfort@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> In the notmuch emacs client, messages are always shown oldest at the top
> and newest at the bottom. This seems to be the case for both search results
> and when viewing a message content.
>
> How can I set the default to be newest first in all cases?
>
> Cheers,
> Laurence.

* Re: Order of messages
@ 2016-04-06 15:25   ` Laurence Rochfort
From: Laurence Rochfort @ 2016-04-06 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Dunn, notmuch@notmuchmail.org

Thanks Alex,

I tried that and it seemed to only affect the search results. I there
anyway to set the ordering everywhere, so in threaded and message view for
instance?

Cheers,
Laurence.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 4:21 PM Alex Dunn <dunn.alex@gmail.com> wrote:

> You should be able to set `notmuch-search-oldest-first` to nil, either
> manually or in the Customize menu.
>
> Laurence Rochfort <laurence.rochfort@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > In the notmuch emacs client, messages are always shown oldest at the top
> > and newest at the bottom. This seems to be the case for both search
> results
> > and when viewing a message content.
> >
> > How can I set the default to be newest first in all cases?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Laurence.

* Re: Order of messages
@ 2016-04-06 16:52     ` Alex Dunn
From: Alex Dunn @ 2016-04-06 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurence Rochfort, notmuch@notmuchmail.org

Oh, I think I misunderstood.  I don’t know how to invert the order in
message threads, sorry!

Laurence Rochfort <laurence.rochfort@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Alex,
>
> I tried that and it seemed to only affect the search results. I there
> anyway to set the ordering everywhere, so in threaded and message view for
> instance?
>
> Cheers,
> Laurence.
>
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 4:21 PM Alex Dunn <dunn.alex@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You should be able to set `notmuch-search-oldest-first` to nil, either
>> manually or in the Customize menu.
>>
>> Laurence Rochfort <laurence.rochfort@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > In the notmuch emacs client, messages are always shown oldest at the top
>> > and newest at the bottom. This seems to be the case for both search
>> results
>> > and when viewing a message content.
>> >
>> > How can I set the default to be newest first in all cases?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Laurence.

* Re: Order of messages
@ 2016-04-09 16:54     ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2016-04-09 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurence Rochfort, notmuch@notmuchmail.org

Laurence Rochfort <laurence.rochfort@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Alex,
>
> I tried that and it seemed to only affect the search results. I there
> anyway to set the ordering everywhere, so in threaded and message view for
> instance?

As far as I know, threads are always displayed in "thread order", with
replies after the things they reply to.