* Homebrew patch for GPG support
@ 2017-12-18 23:06 Alex Abdo
From: Alex Abdo @ 2017-12-18 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Notmuch Mail

Hi all,

I'm new to the notmuch community and am writing about a patch to Homebrew that made it easier for me to use notmuch with GPG on my Mac.

I installed notmuch a few weeks ago using Homebrew, but I hadn't been able to use it to decrypt messages encrypted with PGP. dkg helped me debug the issue, which was that Homebrew's gmime package did not enable support for crypto by default, even with gpgme installed. I submitted a small pull request adding crypto support by default to gmime's package installer, which the Homebrew maintainers pushed today.

Here's the patch:

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/21780

Thanks, and looking forward to getting more familiar with notmuch. I hope you don't mind if I send some suggestions around.

Alex

* Re: Homebrew patch for GPG support
@ 2017-12-19 11:33 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2017-12-19 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Abdo, Notmuch Mail

"Alex Abdo" <alex@alexabdo.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the notmuch community and am writing about a patch to
> Homebrew that made it easier for me to use notmuch with GPG on my Mac.
>
> I installed notmuch a few weeks ago using Homebrew, but I hadn't been
> able to use it to decrypt messages encrypted with PGP. dkg helped me
> debug the issue, which was that Homebrew's gmime package did not
> enable support for crypto by default, even with gpgme installed. I
> submitted a small pull request adding crypto support by default to
> gmime's package installer, which the Homebrew maintainers pushed
> today.
>
> Here's the patch:
>
> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/21780

Just to double check, there's nothing we need to do upstream, right?

> Thanks, and looking forward to getting more familiar with notmuch. I
> hope you don't mind if I send some suggestions around.

Of course! We're sometimes slow dealing with feature requests, but you
never know when someone will get inspired.

* Re: Homebrew patch for GPG support
@ 2017-12-19 18:04   ` Alex Abdo
From: Alex Abdo @ 2017-12-19 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner; +Cc: Notmuch Mail