* python(?): process died while iterating over Messages object
@ 2011-09-30 10:43 Justus Winter
From: Justus Winter @ 2011-09-30 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

while iterating over a query result set my process died with

> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Xapian::DatabaseModifiedError'
> Aborted

I am not sure where this came from, grepping throuth notmuchs soure
didn't reveal the location. So this might be not specific to the
python bindings at all.

Justus

[-- Attachment #2: .signature --]

love u alot @,@

* Re: python(?): process died while iterating over Messages object
@ 2011-09-30 13:12 ` Tom Prince
From: Tom Prince @ 2011-09-30 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justus Winter, notmuch

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:43:53 +0200, Justus Winter <4winter@informatik.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
> while iterating over a query result set my process died with
>
> > terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Xapian::DatabaseModifiedError'
> > Aborted
>
> I am not sure where this came from, grepping throuth notmuchs soure
> didn't reveal the location. So this might be not specific to the
> python bindings at all.

std::terminate is called when an exception is thrown in C++, and there
are no enclosing try blocks that will catch the exception.

  Tom

* Re: python(?): process died while iterating over Messages object
@ 2011-09-30 13:40   ` Justus Winter
From: Justus Winter @ 2011-09-30 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Prince, notmuch

Quoting Tom Prince (2011-09-30 15:12:50)
>On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:43:53 +0200, Justus Winter <4winter@informatik.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
>> while iterating over a query result set my process died with
>>
>> > terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Xapian::DatabaseModifiedError'
>> > Aborted
>>
>> I am not sure where this came from, grepping throuth notmuchs soure
>> didn't reveal the location. So this might be not specific to the
>> python bindings at all.
>
>std::terminate is called when an exception is thrown in C++, and there
>are no enclosing try blocks that will catch the exception.

Ah, so it is not specific to the python binding and it has to be
caught somewhere in the notmuch library, right?

I tried to locate the appropriate location but I'm afraid I got
lost. Could someone else take a look at this?

Thanks,

@ 2011-09-30 15:07     ` Adam Wolfe Gordon
From: Adam Wolfe Gordon @ 2011-09-30 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justus Winter; +Cc: notmuch

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 07:40, Justus Winter
<4winter@informatik.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
> Quoting Tom Prince (2011-09-30 15:12:50)
>>On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:43:53 +0200, Justus Winter <4winter@informatik.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
>>> while iterating over a query result set my process died with

>>> I am not sure where this came from, grepping throuth notmuchs soure
>>> didn't reveal the location. So this might be not specific to the
>>> python bindings at all.
>>
>>std::terminate is called when an exception is thrown in C++, and there
>>are no enclosing try blocks that will catch the exception.
>
> Ah, so it is not specific to the python binding and it has to be
> caught somewhere in the notmuch library, right?
>
> I tried to locate the appropriate location but I'm afraid I got
> lost. Could someone else take a look at this?

I've seen this problem before, but not in recent notmuch versions.
See, for example, [1].

If I remember correctly, the problem is related to compiler versions,
but I can't remember the details.

[1] http://notmuch.198994.n3.nabble.com/notmuch-0-6-notmuch-new-dies-with-std-terminate-td3137214.html

--
Adam Wolfe Gordon