* New notmuch vim plugin pushed to master
@ 2013-06-03  0:50 Felipe Contreras
From: Felipe Contreras @ 2013-06-03  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi,

The old plugin has been deprecated and moving to contrib. The new
plugin has much better support and should replace it for all intents
and purposes.

I've pushed the changes and hopefully the packages will be updated accordingly.

--
Felipe Contreras

* Re: New notmuch vim plugin pushed to master
@ 2013-06-03 14:01 ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2013-06-03 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felipe Contreras, notmuch

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@gmail.com> wrote:
> The old plugin has been deprecated and moving to contrib. The new
> plugin has much better support and should replace it for all intents
> and purposes.

Felipe, even though I don't personally use it, I'm glad you're working
on the vim plugin. The old one was neglected for too long.

> I've pushed the changes and hopefully the packages will be updated
> accordingly.

I don't think I saw the patches on the list, though. I am not sure if
one could have expected much in terms of review, but at least giving
people the *chance* for review and discussion about changes of this
scale would have been fair.

BR,
Jani.

* Re: New notmuch vim plugin pushed to master
@ 2013-07-17 16:10   ` Felipe Contreras
From: Felipe Contreras @ 2013-07-17 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jani Nikula; +Cc: notmuch

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Jani Nikula <jani@nikula.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Jun 2013, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The old plugin has been deprecated and moving to contrib. The new
>> plugin has much better support and should replace it for all intents
>> and purposes.
>
> Felipe, even though I don't personally use it, I'm glad you're working
> on the vim plugin. The old one was neglected for too long.
>
>> I've pushed the changes and hopefully the packages will be updated
>> accordingly.
>
> I don't think I saw the patches on the list, though. I am not sure if
> one could have expected much in terms of review, but at least giving
> people the *chance* for review and discussion about changes of this
> scale would have been fair.

That is true. I thought there was too much code to be reviewed
effectively in the list, further changes would definitely go through
the list.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras