* Query to get emails from notmuch mailing list?
@ 2015-12-03 16:51 Damien Cassou
From: Damien Cassou @ 2015-12-03 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi,

how do you write a notmuch query to get all emails of the notmuch
mailing list?

Thanks

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

* Re: Query to get emails from notmuch mailing list?
@ 2015-12-03 19:17 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2015-12-03 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damien Cassou, notmuch

Damien Cassou <damien@cassou.me> writes:

> Hi,
>
> how do you write a notmuch query to get all emails of the notmuch
> mailing list?

at one point I use

notmuch tag +inbox::notmuch tag:inbox and '(' to:notmuch or folder:notmuch ')'

just now I noticed the folder:notmuch is not matching anything because
of reorganization, so it's really to:notmuch; that seems to work for me.

* Re: Query to get emails from notmuch mailing list?
@ 2015-12-03 20:41   ` Tomi Ollila
From: Tomi Ollila @ 2015-12-03 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, Damien Cassou, notmuch

On Thu, Dec 03 2015, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> wrote:

> Damien Cassou <damien@cassou.me> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> how do you write a notmuch query to get all emails of the notmuch
>> mailing list?
>>

> at one point I use
>
> notmuch tag +inbox::notmuch tag:inbox and '(' to:notmuch or folder:notmuch ')'
>
> just now I noticed the folder:notmuch is not matching anything because
> of reorganization, so it's really to:notmuch; that seems to work for me.

wouldn't to:notmuch@notmuchmail.org be more accurate ?

Tomi

sent from my N9

@ 2015-12-03 22:12     ` Xu Wang
From: Xu Wang @ 2015-12-03 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomi Ollila; +Cc: David Bremner, Damien Cassou, notmuch

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila@iki.fi> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03 2015, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> wrote:
>
>> Damien Cassou <damien@cassou.me> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> how do you write a notmuch query to get all emails of the notmuch
>>> mailing list?
>>>

>> at one point I use
>>
>> notmuch tag +inbox::notmuch tag:inbox and '(' to:notmuch or folder:notmuch ')'
>>
>> just now I noticed the folder:notmuch is not matching anything because
>> of reorganization, so it's really to:notmuch; that seems to work for me.
>
> wouldn't to:notmuch@notmuchmail.org be more accurate ?

Probably also CC? I don't know how to search for To or CC though.

Kind regards,

Xu

* Re: Query to get emails from notmuch mailing list?
@ 2015-12-04 15:08       ` Tomi Ollila
From: Tomi Ollila @ 2015-12-04 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xu Wang; +Cc: notmuch

On Fri, Dec 04 2015, Xu Wang <xuwang762@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila@iki.fi> wrote:

>>> at one point I use
>>>
>>> notmuch tag +inbox::notmuch tag:inbox and '(' to:notmuch or folder:notmuch ')'
>>>
>>> just now I noticed the folder:notmuch is not matching anything because
>>> of reorganization, so it's really to:notmuch; that seems to work for me.
>>
>> wouldn't to:notmuch@notmuchmail.org be more accurate ?
>
> Probably also CC? I don't know how to search for To or CC though.

to: covers [Cc][Cc]: too :D

but, to followup to my orinal it does not -- or i am not sure,
whether my suggestion matches <notmuch+something@notmuchmail.org>
(but, there probably is no use for that, at least for now).

Tomi

@ 2015-12-05  0:34         ` Xu Wang
From: Xu Wang @ 2015-12-05  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomi Ollila; +Cc: notmuch

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila@iki.fi> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 04 2015, Xu Wang <xuwang762@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> wouldn't to:notmuch@notmuchmail.org be more accurate ?
>>
>> Probably also CC? I don't know how to search for To or CC though.
>
> to: covers [Cc][Cc]: too :D

Excellent to know. In that case I wonders how to do only CC or only
To: although I have not a user case.

Kind regards,

Xu