* ANN: Speedee, a web-based notmuch client
@ 2012-07-10  5:14 Peter Keen
From: Peter Keen @ 2012-07-10  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi guys,

Over the weekend I threw together the prototype for a web-based notmuch
client named Speedee. It's a little Ruby webapp with a Backbone.js front
end, using Twitter Bootstrap and a free theme from Bootswatch. It doesn't
do much yet. Basically, it can list threads matching a search and show you
those threads. It reads the notmuch config file to find the database. It
also reads the file for a new section named "speedee searches", where you
can define named searches to be included in the sidebar. The list of All
Tags is also included in the sidebar, assuming the version of notmuch
you're running has my ruby bindings patch from yesterday.

At this point, my plan is to add a super basic mail composer and sending
facility and then live with it for a few months. I've setup a demo using
the notmuch mbox file as sample data. Feel free to poke around [1] and let
me know what you think!

Source: https://github.com/peterkeen/speedee
Demo: https://speedee.bugsplat.info/#search/ruby

[1]: The demo is using a self-signed wildcard cert. SHA1 fingerprint: 01 B6
5D 47 EC 4A BB 27 E6 49 A1 0F 5A 48 8F BD CC 33 F2 F8

* Re: ANN: Speedee, a web-based notmuch client
@ 2012-07-10  8:00 ` Jameson Graef Rollins
From: Jameson Graef Rollins @ 2012-07-10  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Keen, notmuch

On Mon, Jul 09 2012, Peter Keen <peter.keen@bugsplat.info> wrote:
> Over the weekend I threw together the prototype for a web-based notmuch
> client named Speedee. It's a little Ruby webapp with a Backbone.js front
> end, using Twitter Bootstrap and a free theme from Bootswatch. It doesn't
> do much yet. Basically, it can list threads matching a search and show you
> those threads. It reads the notmuch config file to find the database. It
> also reads the file for a new section named "speedee searches", where you
> can define named searches to be included in the sidebar. The list of All
> Tags is also included in the sidebar, assuming the version of notmuch
> you're running has my ruby bindings patch from yesterday.
>
> At this point, my plan is to add a super basic mail composer and sending
> facility and then live with it for a few months. I've setup a demo using
> the notmuch mbox file as sample data. Feel free to poke around [1] and let
> me know what you think!
>
> Source: https://github.com/peterkeen/speedee
> Demo: https://speedee.bugsplat.info/#search/ruby

Cool!  I like it.  I can imagine adding fancier formatting and coloring
in the show pages, but it's a really nice simple platform to start with.
Very nice.

Looking forward to watching it develop!

jamie.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: ANN: Speedee, a web-based notmuch client
@ 2012-07-10  8:23 ` Christophe-Marie Duquesne
From: Christophe-Marie Duquesne @ 2012-07-10  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Keen; +Cc: notmuch

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Peter Keen <peter.keen@bugsplat.info> wrote:
> let me know what you think!

This is awesome, I love it!

* Re: ANN: Speedee, a web-based notmuch client
@ 2012-07-10 12:08 ` elf Pavlik
From: elf Pavlik @ 2012-07-10 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Keen; +Cc: notmuch

Hi,

Sounds great!

https://speedee.bugsplat.info/#search/ruby throws at me:

NoMethodError at /
undefined method `close' for nil:NilClass

    file: app.rb
    location: block in <class:App>
    line: 16

Looking forward to play with you demo :)

Thanks!
~ elf Pavlik ~

Excerpts from Peter Keen's message of 2012-07-10 05:14:45 +0000:

@ 2012-07-10 14:10   ` Peter Keen
From: Peter Keen @ 2012-07-10 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: elf Pavlik; +Cc: notmuch