* maintenance of notmuch ruby bindings
@ 2014-05-14 21:37 David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2014-05-14 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali Polatel, Felipe Contreras, notmuch

Dear Ali;

Looking at the commit history, I noticed you haven't worked very much on
the notmuch ruby bindings in the last couple years.  That could be
because notmuch needs to be done, but if you've lost interest, maybe we
should pass on the torch to someone else?  I think Felipe, in copy,
would be willing to take that on. At the moment I guess his notmuch-mua
is the main consumer. Of course if your still willing/able, that's fine
too.

* Re: maintenance of notmuch ruby bindings
@ 2014-05-14 21:59 ` Wael Nasreddine
From: Wael Nasreddine @ 2014-05-14 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, Ali Polatel, Felipe Contreras, notmuch

David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:

> Dear Ali;
>
> Looking at the commit history, I noticed you haven't worked very much on
> the notmuch ruby bindings in the last couple years.  That could be
> because notmuch needs to be done, but if you've lost interest, maybe we
> should pass on the torch to someone else?  I think Felipe, in copy,
> would be willing to take that on. At the moment I guess his notmuch-mua
> is the main consumer. Of course if your still willing/able, that's fine
> too.

I'll be willing to help maintaining it if you need more volunteers.

[-- Attachment #2.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 180 bytes --]

* Re: maintenance of notmuch ruby bindings
@ 2014-05-15 19:17   ` Ali Polatel
From: Ali Polatel @ 2014-05-15 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wael Nasreddine; +Cc: notmuch

> David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:
>
>> Dear Ali;

Hello David,

>> Looking at the commit history, I noticed you haven't worked very much on
>> the notmuch ruby bindings in the last couple years.  That could be
>> because notmuch needs to be done, but if you've lost interest, maybe we
>> should pass on the torch to someone else?  I think Felipe, in copy,
>> would be willing to take that on. At the moment I guess his notmuch-mua
>> is the main consumer. Of course if your still willing/able, that's fine
>> too.

Honestly it's a good idea for me to step down as the maintainer.
I would still love to contribute when I have the time again.
Of course this does not require me to be the maintainer.
As far as I can tell Felipe would be a great fit.

Thanks for the great software.
It is always a pleasure to contribute :)