* Colorized git-format-patches in notmuch-show?
@ 2017-08-30  5:55 William Casarin
From: William Casarin @ 2017-08-30  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch, notmuch

I'm not sure if this is an option somewhere, but is there a way to
colorize git-format-patch emails in the notmuch-show buffer? I noticed
it works fine if it's an attachment, but not if it's a git-submitted
patch.

Thanks,
William

* Re: Colorized git-format-patches in notmuch-show?
@ 2017-08-30  8:15 ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2017-08-30  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch; +Cc: Notmuch Mail

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 8:55 AM, William Casarin <jb55@jb55.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is an option somewhere, but is there a way to
> colorize git-format-patch emails in the notmuch-show buffer? I noticed
> it works fine if it's an attachment, but not if it's a git-submitted
> patch.

Try M-x customize-variable RET notmuch-show-insert-text/plain-hook RET
and check the notmuch-wash-convert-inline-patch-to-part option. This
turns patches to fake parts, which then get the coloring. It's not
enabled by default, because the patch identification does have room
for error. Admittedly the option seems pretty well hidden.

BR,
Jani.