* plans for releasing 0.38
@ 2023-08-20 17:54 David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2023-08-20 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

I just posted the last patch needed to unbreak the test suite for me
with Emac 29.x and glib 2.77.x. As soon as these (or something similar)
are applied to master, I plan to feature freeze 0.38. There is less new
stuff than a typical release, but it has been almost a year since the
last release.

* Re: plans for releasing 0.38
@ 2023-08-20 19:33 ` Michael J Gruber
From: Michael J Gruber @ 2023-08-20 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner; +Cc: notmuch

Am So., 20. Aug. 2023 um 19:54 Uhr schrieb David Bremner <david@tethera.net>:

> I just posted the last patch needed to unbreak the test suite for me
> with Emac 29.x and glib 2.77.x. As soon as these (or something similar)
> are applied to master, I plan to feature freeze 0.38. There is less new
> stuff than a typical release, but it has been almost a year since the
> last release.

Thanks!

I had planned to look at the glib issues after my vacation, only to
see you've solved them already meanwhile ;)

Together with the patch for emacs 29 (on top of our usual spec file),
current notmuch master builds (and tests) nicely on old and new
Fedoras (37, 38, 39[branched] and rawhide), (RH)EL 8, 9 and its
development versions (CentOS Stream and ELN) with a mix of glib and
emacs versions.

Cheers,
Michael

* Re: plans for releasing 0.38
@ 2023-08-24 23:05 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2023-08-24 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:

> I just posted the last patch needed to unbreak the test suite for me
> with Emac 29.x and glib 2.77.x. As soon as these (or something similar)
> are applied to master, I plan to feature freeze 0.38. There is less new
> stuff than a typical release, but it has been almost a year since the
> last release.

I have uploaded 0.38~rc0 to notmuchmail.org and debian experimental.

There is at least one intermittent test failure (see discussion in
another thread), but that should not affect people building from source
or using notmuch.

* Re: plans for releasing 0.38
@ 2023-08-26 12:34   ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2023-08-26 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:

> David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:
>
>> I just posted the last patch needed to unbreak the test suite for me
>> with Emac 29.x and glib 2.77.x. As soon as these (or something similar)
>> are applied to master, I plan to feature freeze 0.38. There is less new
>> stuff than a typical release, but it has been almost a year since the
>> last release.

> I have uploaded 0.38~rc0 to notmuchmail.org and debian experimental.
>
> There is at least one intermittent test failure (see discussion in
> another thread), but that should not affect people building from source
> or using notmuch.

I have uploaded 0.38~rc1 which hopefully fixes the intermitted failures
for T460 that Michael was seeing, or at least makes them very rare.

* Re: plans for releasing 0.38
@ 2023-09-03 12:56     ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2023-09-03 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:

> I have uploaded 0.38~rc1 which hopefully fixes the intermitted failures
> for T460 that Michael was seeing, or at least makes them very rare.

I have uploaded 0.38~rc2, which just has the one more compat patch that
Michael sent it.

I'm currently thinking to release 0.38 fairly soon and defer
id:20230903114215.60583-1-david@tethera.net to 0.38.1, a few weeks
later.