* api-doc: return status for notmuch_query_search_threads_st ...
@ 2016-02-07 10:06 Gaute Hope
From: Gaute Hope @ 2016-02-07 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi,

I am switching from the deprecated notmuch_query_search_threads to
notmuch_query_search_threads_st, but the api-documentation does not
specify what status values are returned and what they mean.

The same goes for notmuch_query_search_messages_st (...).

Regards, Gaute

* Re: api-doc: return status for notmuch_query_search_threads_st ...
@ 2016-02-07 10:14 ` Gaute Hope
From: Gaute Hope @ 2016-02-07 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Gaute Hope writes on February 7, 2016 11:06:
> Hi,
>
> I am switching from the deprecated notmuch_query_search_threads to
> notmuch_query_search_threads_st, but the api-documentation does not
> specify what status values are returned and what they mean.
>
> The same goes for notmuch_query_search_messages_st (...).

Indeed the typical usage section is also outdated (for both):

```
notmuch_query_t *query;
notmuch_messages_t *messages;
notmuch_message_t *message;

query = notmuch_query_create (database, query_string);

for (messages = notmuch_query_search_messages (query);
     notmuch_messages_valid (messages);
     notmuch_messages_move_to_next (messages))
{
    message = notmuch_messages_get (messages);
    notmuch_message_destroy (message);
}

notmuch_query_destroy (query);
```

@ 2016-02-08 11:28 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2016-02-08 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gaute Hope, notmuch

Gaute Hope <eg@gaute.vetsj.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am switching from the deprecated notmuch_query_search_threads to
> notmuch_query_search_threads_st, but the api-documentation does not
> specify what status values are returned and what they mean.
>
> The same goes for notmuch_query_search_messages_st (...).

They both can return OUT_OF_MEMORY, XAPIAN_EXCEPTION, and SUCCESS.
It would be great if someone (TM) would work up, and test the output of
doxygen on, a patch to lib/notmuch.h.