* Python binding documentation on readthedocs out of date
@ 2019-09-21 12:40 Johannes Löthberg
From: Johannes Löthberg @ 2019-09-21 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello,

I just noticed that the python binding documentation hosted on
readthedocs are very out of date.  The "latest" version is for 0.25rc1,
and the "stable" version is for 0.24.2.  Would be great if someone could
build more current versions.

Stumbled upon this when I tried to use add_message but got a
DeprecationWarning telling me to use index_file instead, which is
nowhere to be found in the currently available documentation.

--
Sincerely,
  Johannes Löthberg :: SA0DEM

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 1727 bytes --]

* Re: Python binding documentation on readthedocs out of date
@ 2019-09-23 22:47 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2019-09-23 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Löthberg, notmuch; +Cc: Ben Gamari

Johannes Löthberg <johannes@kyriasis.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just noticed that the python binding documentation hosted on
> readthedocs are very out of date.  The "latest" version is for 0.25rc1,
> and the "stable" version is for 0.24.2.  Would be great if someone could
> build more current versions.

Unfortunately the (active) notmuch developers don't control either the
notmuch related sites on readthedocs.com.

If I could figure out how, I'd petition to have them taken down,
since neither is maintained.

Alternatively of course someone could maintain them, but that hasn't
happened so far.  I would also consider patches that integrated
readthedocs updates into the notmuch release process, if that could be
managed in a not too horrible way.